Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i wanted to know if i can make my 2wd frontii to 4wd??? If yes wat parts would i need nn how hard would it be to doo??? N if anyone has any tips or the like ???

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Its definitely possible and there are people on here who have done this, i.e. "onlyoneDR".

1stgen or 2nd gen?

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
nothing is impossible with enough money. it would take a lot of money to do a 2nd gen depending on how you wanted to do it. to do it "the factory way" you would need (just off the top of my head), a 4wd engine harness, 4wd ready transmission (different front 2wd), t-case, front diff, axles, new rear front crossmember (2wd's does not have the diff mounting place), selector switch for dash under AC controls, instrument cluster, possible a 4wd body control module plus lots of other stuff that i don't know (relays, fuses and wiring etc). needless to say you'd be better off to buy something else 4wd, like an old toyota or nissan truck to beat on and not worry about. or trade in your current truck for a 4wd

·
Registered
2020 Toyota 4runner TRDOR
4,593 Posts
OnlyOneDR has done it and I think has a write up on the mod on his website.

cost effective way is to trade the truck.
I would vote for just buying a beater. A 10 y/o import 4x4 would be cheaper.

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
OnlyOneDR is 1st gen so that changes quite a lot of things. I agree with above... trade it in on same year/newer 4by or buy a beater

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Daaaaaaaammm ill just stik w my 2wd get sm nice tires n wheels do the titan swap on the front n sm bloks in the rear n a bumper w a winch hopefulli that helps , i wanna take it to the 2010 GONE meet but i dnt wanna look to bad out there lol do alot of mpdify 2wd goo?

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
It may benefit you to search a bit on the forum since this has been covered a few times already.

The short is that since Atlas came out with a case, you have an option but you may need to do some kind of tailshaft swap or something to make it bolt up correctly. This would eliminate the need for the 4wd wiring crap but you would lose your cup holders for the shift levers.

The main thing is that the 2wd frame is missing the extra mounts for the front diff so those would need to be added. Past that it should be pretty simple but those first few steps are the hardest.

Side Note: Please use complete words and sentences. This is not texting, its a forum.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wantted to do this cause i found a totaled nismo that i might b able to get the parts from but im not sure wat i would need , but now i think im just gonna stikk w my 2wd ill do the research and create a budget and see if its duable for me thanks if u have xtra info let mer know

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
this is an internet forum, you aren't texting your buddies. spell out words and use some punctuation.

·
Registered
2020 Toyota 4runner TRDOR
4,593 Posts
A good, true locker (air or mechanical) in the rear goes a long way in a 2wd trail rig.
Like others have said, its not impossible, but most of us agree that when you weigh the cost of trading your truck for an identical truck in 4wd, its cheaper than making the modifications. the Gen2 is a 5 year old design, you can pick up a 5 year old, 100K mile truck for $10,000.

eta: you slipped a post in on me.
finding a totaled 4x4 helps out significantly. Thats all the parts you need. now you looking at a body swap.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
the only option at this point is to swap in an axle with a locker, the '05 and newer frontier's c200 rear doesn't have any aftermarket traction options yet.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
I am going to put this out there to help you in the long run. It is going to be a little harsh but trust me, it will help your relationship with the club in long run.

Please take a few days and search this site and others. the 2nd gen has been out since 05 so it is over 5yrs old and is closer to 6. Most topics have been discussed already so it would be beneficial for you to read up a bit before you ask blindly since you won't really understand anything unless we spell it out like you are a baby and most will not do that. If you continue blindly asking without any sign of searching or research, you will more then likely get the standard "search" answer and nothing more.

Also, you may want to fill in some of your trucks bios in your sig so that when you finally return from your searching and ask specific tailored questions, we can give you a real answer instead of a general overview.

Once again, this post isn't susposed to be a bashing thing but more of a direction thing.

Good Luck for the next few days and hopefully we can all help when you return.

P.S. There is an ARB for the m226 and a TT but nothing for the c200k. Your research should give you the knowledge to de-code that statement.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
m226 is a titan axle, no? frontiers come with the c200, yes?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.