Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this morning I was bored after class so I went to go look at some properties, and I was riding through some of the back roads seeing what was planned yada yada yada.... And anyways I took a path that was obviously less traveled, but you could tell someone had gone none the less, and there was a pretty steep hill that was probably about 10' high or so. I saw tire tracks and figured why not? So I tried to go up the hill slowly, but being I only have 2wd I didn't make it on the first try. Well not taking a hint, I back up and then get a running start. Made it up without a problem, and so I'm just strolling around the top of the hill not trying to sling mud up or anything because I was just looking. Well I start going through what I thought was a solid/grassy spot with just a puddle on it and then guess what! It was pure mud, just that crap that is so saturated the water sits on top looking so innocent. I was there for a good 45 minutes just trying to get out, at this point I'm kind of freaking out because I'm alone and there really isn't anyone I could call, and even if I did they probably wouldn't be able to find me. Luckily I was able to finesse the truck and get some traction and get my self home. I don't have any during pictures because I just concerned about getting out, but here are some pictures of the aftermath. They really don't do justice because the front tires were just caked up with mud, I mean you couldn't see the treads or side walls of the tires and the rims were filled with mud.

Oh and I got new tires last Thursday. I definitely recommend them! lol

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
wow....good luck on the one man recovery. what did u learn today?

·
Registered
831 Posts
wow....good luck on the one man recovery. what did u learn today?
hehehe, good job ;) ... I've been in a lot of those situations; get all panicked and your phone's dead... after beating your truck and transmission up while fiddling from reverse to drive with your foot pinned to the floor similar to panicking as you try to flush a broken toilet at your date's house.. and as you're about to give up, open the door and jump in the mud(not the toilet, that story doesn't apply from here forward about the toilet :) ) .. and then you have second thoughts, start the truck back up and just freakin go insane rocking back and forth in your seat and screaming as saliva hits the windshield and pure rage accelerates this magic force upon your truck and you pop out of your mud hole and continue on your way like nothin' happened. .. :laugh:

·
Registered
358 Posts
and if you really have to go alone.....
one word.......winch. and a couple of 25' straps....
ok so that was 7-8 words.. sorry....:crikey:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Glad that you got out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts