Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm upgrading my OEM speakers all around to polk db6501's. I'm laying this project out as I type and as I was just downstairs gazing into the rear cab I realized there's quite a bit to this one. So here's what I know I'm doing. Installing 6.5 inch woofer front & rear in stock locations. So far it looks like the rear's will fit w/ the polk mounts, but they're not in yet. The tweets will be place up higher on the C pillar in or near the hole where the seatbelt was attached for the rear jump seats. I ditched the jump seats long ago as I just don't/ don't want to have anyone back there. The cab's small enough as it is! So the seat, belts & entire rear plastic wall are gone. I going to Dynamat the rear wall, C pillars, & floor & everything forward as much as possible. Want to put an amp in, maybe on the rear wall. I've thought about leaks from the rear window, but have never had 1 yet, fingers crossed. Want to build a wall/panel to cover Dynamat rear wall. Don't want to put stock plastic back in, as it looks odd without seats. Also I'm going to remove the steal brackets that hold the jack in the center panel. Got ideas for a tilting/folding access panel across either the whole rear wall or making a few access doors/holes. Leaving enough room for the amp to breath,& maybe stick the jack back in there w/ some road tools too. As I read back over this post I realize it's long, and I haven't really asked anything. I guess I'm looking to stir up convo on interior mods particularily in K/C rear storage, floor sub boxes & tweeter install loc. How do people like the stock dash tweet loc? And to those who say search, I have. And it was all good, just want to rile up the fellow lurkers and get some people involved. BTW I really like this site and think it's the best one out there as there seems to be a lot of genuine interest & respect. Thanks for reading

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm wanting to upgrade my fronts fairly soon. I know it's a 6.x9, but whats the mounting depth of the speakers you are going to use? I would like to do this myself and hope not to have to "mod" anyhting to crazy for placement.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
C pillar hunh? technically it would be the B pillar since there are only 2. but anyhoo, tweeters in the back are a tad overkill. spend the money getting a good set for up front. and dont use the stock location bouncing them off the glass

there is lots of room, but you are talking more about functional space. you dont sound like the typical basshead

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't done anything further yet other then some more planning. I also decided I may as well get the amp now and only have to do the speaker wiring once. Either my buddy finds and gives me his old amp, a Hifonics which he can't recall any of the specs for other then it's a 4 channel. Or I'm going to get 1 off Amazon. If I can get an amp by Friday I'll Dynamat & install speakers & amp this weekend. Then it's on to fabricating a new interior back wall and storage spaces. To address your question shenanigan Z on the speaker depth, it's 2.25 approx w/ the tape. Check the specs, but it's pretty close to that. They fit no problem in the rear doors, haven't tried the fronts yet. Crutchfield says it doesn't fit, but we'll see. I expect to probably have to make a custom mount. But someone here might know otherwise. I appreciate the feed back as to the dash stock tweet location ScottXGTR. I think I'm going to put them on the A pillar, just below the grab handles. My reference to the rear pillar being the C pillar is correct as the windshield frame in every vehicle is considered the A pillar. As far as tweets in the rear, my buddy has them in his F150 and I like it a lot. Personal preference. You're correct, I wouldn't consider myself a basshead.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Well I dont know a whole lot about audio, but im looking to upgrade my sound system eventually because I love music. And i have a king cab as well, but probably not doing anything as intricate as you are. Probably just a sub between the seats in the back.

I'm subscribed though. Like to see what you can do with that limited space back there, hahahaa.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts