Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Frontier 4WD, King Cab and when I opened the doors, they would fly open and I would constantly risk hitting the doors on anything next to my truck. I decided to replace the door check (or as Nissan calls them: CHECK LINK ASSY). I ran into a few problems. First, all Nissan parts websites only showed the passenger side of the truck and never the driver's side and they always referred to it as "Link Assy-Check,Front Door RH. I assumed this meant Right Hand, so where is the LH driver's door? Second, the part number of mine is supposedly 80430-ZP80A, but that part number is showing as obsolete with no direct replacement. I dug for a very long amount of time and I found that the current models use part number 80430-9BM0A. I decided to take the risk and order them (I happened to order them from nissanpartsdeal.com, but you can get them wherever). An original on eBay was $49.00, but the pair of the new ones cost me just $33.36 delivered. I have included pics of the new and the old ones, so you can see the difference. The only major difference is that the original has threaded holes for bolts to thread into at the door. The new style have studs, so you have to buy some nuts to thread onto them. I ran up to Lowes and for less then $5.00 I bought a pack of 5) M6-1.00 nuts (you only need 4), lock washers, and flat washers that work perfectly. See pic for those parts too. I did buy nylon lock nuts (in the picture), but I decided to use the separate flat washer, lock washer, and nut and not use the nylon lock nuts. As for the LH/RH issue, these are universal and can be used for either side. RH is stamped on one side and LH on the other of the black plastic, so it is very easy to know what is the correct way of mounting them. Also, the studs are not a problem and don't stick out too far and make contact with the opposite side. I have read many stories about how bad the Taiwan replacements are that are being sold on eBay, so I wanted to share with you all my results. You do have to remove the door panels in order to reach into the door to remove the old door check and to insert the new one, but that is the hardest part of the operation. I'd say that doing both sides took me about an hour (but I've also had them off plenty of times for other issues, so I'm experienced at removing them). There are plenty of videos online and also threads on here about how to remove the panels, so that shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
The issue I had with mine was my door always closing on my shin. You can repair your old set btw.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts