Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just got a brand new 2016 Pro-4X last weekend (upgraded from the 2010 SE).

I've been lurking on here for a few years but now it's time to make a few posts.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Congrats!!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Welcome to the forum, GREAT upgrade!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wasn't ready to start posting pics of the new truck until I had everything installed but I don't think there's much room for any more accessories so here's a few pics from camping last weekend.

The four-wheeler was giving me issues and I couldn't ride it so I still made good use of it as an anchor for my hammock (No trees in the desert in Utah...) and a drying rack for the dog bed (It rained all night Friday :crying: .)

·
Registered
374 Posts
I wasn't ready to start posting pics of the new truck until I had everything installed but I don't think there's much room for any more accessories so here's a few pics from camping last weekend.

The four-wheeler was giving me issues and I couldn't ride it so I still made good use of it as an anchor for my hammock (No trees in the desert in Utah...) and a drying rack for the dog bed (It rained all night Friday :crying: .)

Sweet hot rod bro!!!::laugh::

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Looks good

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
331 Posts
Welcome

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Welcome to the coolest CLUB around~!
Pull up a seat and stay awhile.

Are you ready to get started on some 'MODS' for your truck?
Here are the most important ones:

These can be found by searching this site.

1. The 'Axle Vent' MOD (plugged rear axle vent)
2. The 'SMOD' (radiator/trans fluid mix in earlier years form 05-08, but always possible in others)
3. The 'Y-Pipe' (merger of exhaust)

Speaking of the exhaust!

The 2 exhaust pipes that come from the engine, go to this merger & then to the muffler.
Pic #3 shows the merge of the 2 flattened out inlet pipes, stuffed into the inlet pipe that goes to the muffler.
The factory has done this same poor exhaust design on the Frontier since 2005..!
My 2006 Frontier was like this and now, my 2018 PRO-4X

Get under your truck & you'll see what I'm referring to.
You need to have a muffler shop cut out and replace that horrible factory 'Y-Pipe' that is just ahead of the muffler,
and install a temporary or permanent one like this one below.
I just did this to my 2018 PRO4X, (cost me $50.00), and it REALLY helped with performance & throttle response.
This is a temporary fix for now. I'll be doing a full Dual 'Siamese' exhaust later this year.

Pics 1, 2 & 3 are the section of the factory Nissan 'Y', that I had cut out, and pics 4 & 5 are of what I had installed.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts