Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed a total of 4in in lift so far with 2in ADO bilstein add a leaf with additions 2in body lift. Then installed 295/75/r16 with a bit of trimming. I travel for work, and today the lady drove my truck (as she always does when I leave) and called me saying that she thinks the transmission is slipping. Described that she thinks it’s losing power and shifting at higher rpm. Recently I had a code throw for Cat bank 1 but cleared it to be sure it wasn’t a fluke and it’s yet to come back for 3 weeks. I expected a loss of power with the 33s but I’m wondering if my cat actually is clogged or if I’m having a transmission problem. 108k miles now.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Check the codes again, if the same ones for the cats keep triggering, it's likely the cats.

If you don't trust your code reader, have it checked at an auto parts store for free to confirm.

Also those tires (depending on brand and rating) are anywhere from 10-20lbs heavier EACH per tire, which being unsprung weight is hugely noticeable.

Reactions: OkeyestEng

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Check the codes again, if the same ones for the cats keep triggering, it's likely the cats.

If you don't trust your code reader, have it checked at an auto parts store for free to confirm.

Also those tires (depending on brand and rating) are anywhere from 10-20lbs heavier EACH per tire, which being unsprung weight is hugely noticeable.
+1 on both of these. I'd say most likely it's the tires, I switched from LT's to Load E's and even went to a pizza cutter ( 235/85 down from 265/75 )and they're still heavier and noticeably slower acceleration and worse fuel economy. 295s are big heavy beasts and not only are they unsprung but also rotational, a double-whammy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts