Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't flame me too bad if my question seems too newb. . . Or flame away if you feel you need to. . . ::smile::

2014 Pro 4X. . . Stock suspension. . . Plan to purchase BFGoodrich 285/75r16 Mud Terrain. . . Got my finger on the trigger to order them.

They are slightly wider and slightly taller. . . am I going to have clearance issues without a lift?

Flame away.... ::smile::

Zayphod

·
Registered
905 Posts
Its absolutely doable. I have 285/75/16 Cooper S/T Maxx E load. I have minor rubbing without the "melt mod" in the front. No issues in the rear and have been wheeling with them without any ill effects. Going again next Saturday too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes. But it's not horrible. You will need to do trimming up front. And when you flex the rear out it will put your rear tire into your bed. Ask me how I know.
Perhaps I am attempting to put the "cart before the horse". . .

I have saved the money to purchase 5 of the BFG's... and then was going to save for a 3" lift.

I have a hard time digesting trimming anything away from my brand new forty thousand dollar truck. . . So I may need to rethink my priorities.

I have put my stock Pro 4X through some pretty scary mud holes down here in Florida with the stock 265/75r16 AT tires. . . I've had some clearance issues where my departure angle pulled off the plastic part of the rear bumper where a hitch could be installed, but never felt that I was going to get stuck.

Maybe I need to go ahead and use the money I have saved to get a 3" lift kit, and then get the tires later.

Pondering now. . .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I expected to get flamed zoomzoom, so thank you for rising to my expectations.

One thing though... Mr zoomzoom... Not everybody has your experience. Not only with owning a Nissan Frontier, but also with this club forum. You have been here for a long time and can probably quote threads that you have read from memory. . .

If your mission is to help people that post here, then you are going about it the wrong way by posting words so aggressively.

If your mission is to steer people away from this forum, then you are doing what you have set out to do. . .

BTW. . . Thank you for the link, I will enjoy the information.

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
There is a reason that thread is a STICKY. It's locked at the top of the page because it is a very often addressed topic with countless repeat threads.

It's not by coincidence that the tire size you inquire about in this repeat thread is referenced in the STICKY.

This truck has been in production for 10+ years. Safe to assume generic topics like tires/suspension, which you knew this was, have been discussed to death in numerous repeat threads. Searching can do wonders.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is a reason that thread is a STICKY. It's locked at the top of the page because it is a very often addressed topic with countless repeat threads.

It's not by coincidence that the tire size you inquire about in this repeat thread is referenced in the STICKY.

This truck has been in production for 10+ years. Safe to assume generic topics like tires/suspension, which you knew this was, have been discussed to death in numerous repeat threads. Searching can do wonders.
You know zoomzoom, you are absolutely correct... And perhaps you have steered people to the "STICKY"'s so many times that it now makes you upset to see somebody start a new thread about something that has been talked about many many times. You getting upset about it has nothing to do with me. . . That is all on you bud.

Perhaps I am incorrect in my expectations of joining this club forum. I thought it was so we Nissan Frontier owners could talk about our ownership, proudly, and just have something to talk about. Who cares how many times a new thread is started. You can "kindly" direct a new member, with the same old question, to the answer that you posted. Or we can just talk about it all over again. There is no need to be so friggin' rude.

WTF man???

I am done... Have a good evening.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
My suggestion would be to either save and get your suspension and tires at the same time or stick with the stock size until after the lift.

Another suggestion, that may save you some future frustration is..... at the top of the page, next to the Log Out button is one that says User CP.... click on it. On the left side of that page you will see a whole bunch of options. The one you need is EDIT IGNORE LIST under settings and options. Problem solved.

Welcome to the club....stick around.

See the 'Got Questions' link in my sig for more answers....

·
Administrator
7,854 Posts
Perhaps I am attempting to put the "cart before the horse". . .

I have saved the money to purchase 5 of the BFG's... and then was going to save for a 3" lift.

I have a hard time digesting trimming anything away from my brand new forty thousand dollar truck. . . So I may need to rethink my priorities.

I have put my stock Pro 4X through some pretty scary mud holes down here in Florida with the stock 265/75r16 AT tires. . . I've had some clearance issues where my departure angle pulled off the plastic part of the rear bumper where a hitch could be installed, but never felt that I was going to get stuck.

Maybe I need to go ahead and use the money I have saved to get a 3" lift kit, and then get the tires later.

Pondering now. . .
Don't be afraid to cut into the fenders. If done properly you'll never even know it's been done and it ain't that difficult to do. Even with a 2.5 - 3" front lift you'll often have to do some minor trimming anyway depending on tire choice. The BFGs you've chosen are fairly narrow though they are one of the taller 285s so you'll likley have some rubbing with the lift and almost guaranteed without a lift.
BTW, spacers are cheap ; )

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
So why was this 5 YO+ thread on "trending discussions". Thought there was going to be some juicy news on this topic.

And ohh a reminder of Zoom Zoom. The "you need to read the sticky" guy. What ever happened to him (or her). Kind of liked that guy. Being the ******* so no one else had to be.

·
Registered
507 Posts
:ROFLMAO: :LOL:

·
Registered
786 Posts
Cats and dogs living together ....oh my.
Ya I remember the ZoomZoom days....not even sure if the guy had a Frontier , I think he just joined random forums to cause chaos....LOL

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Zayphod, there are many more people on this site who have no intention of flaming you..
They are trying to answer your question honestly and nothing more than that.
Frankly , I can not see why anyone would.
You asked a legitimate question !
Don’t let a few ruin your experience on this site.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Zayphod, there are many more people on this site who have no intention of flaming you..
They are trying to answer your question honestly and nothing more than that.
Frankly , I can not see why anyone would.
You asked a legitimate question !
Don’t let a few ruin your experience on this site.
Zayphod has not been active or logged into clubfrontier since the year 2015.
But who knows maybe he will see your reply. ?

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Guess I should pay better attention.
Well, maybe someone new who feels a little intimated about asking questions, will read this.
Thanks,MNcarl.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Guess I should pay better attention.
Well, maybe someone new who feels a little intimated about asking questions, will read this.
Thanks,MNcarl.
Hey its all good ...I have done the same thing (reply) on these old resurrected threads.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts