Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting ready to put some bigger meats (slightly) on my ride. The stock Rugged trails suck. I have a 2.5/1.5 lift on my Pro-4x. I have read that there may be some trimming. Where abouts. Is there anyone that was able to keep their stock mud guards on? I will be using my stock wheels. Input guys?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I had the 285's on my stock wheels with the stock suspension, and only had to cut a 4"X4" square out of each mudguard. You won't have any problems.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Yea, trimmed the front mudflaps a bit but also gotta remove at least the lower front valance... I just pulled the whole thing off and sprayed part of the shiny stuff w/bedliner.

·
Registered
73 Posts
To get mine to not rube I had to cut off the extra plastic on the mudflaps on the inside of the wheelwell. If you look at them, you can cut a large part off without affecting the two screws that hold them on. I also used a heat gun to heat up and push any extra plastic in the wheel well back. Other than that all went well

·
Registered
838 Posts
check the contact point when you mount them to see the mark. grab a dremel or roto zip and trim about a 4x4 square as stated above. i have the stock guards, stock se wheels, prg mini lift, 285 70/16 bf all terrrains, and the bit i trimmed off, works. if looking at the guard, you want to start trimming from the inside center.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts