Nissan Frontier Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
If you have to run a different size spare, you should disable ABS. Least invasive is if you have the YAW sensor under the cupholder. DIY VDC disable not sure what year they started putting the yaw sensor in there... If you can't do that, you can pull the ABS fuse, but it will disable other systems too. Be sure to keep your speed low and limit the mileage to as little as possible. The driveline upto the diff doesn't notice tire size & the diff will compensate with little complaint.
Also... putting the spare on the steering axle will cause "undesirable tendencies" & even on the rear she'll not be happy. But its the electronic nannies that will shut the whole party down (until you install an LSD or autolocker).

·
Registered
3 Posts
ive got a 2014 pro 4x, looking for winter tires. having a hard time finding winter rims. found a lead with 265/70r16 with tires. im sure these would work but would it screw up my speedo? is it a good switch? thinner tires for the winter? any advice. my spare would be wider if needed but its 8 yrs old and never used

·
Registered
Great truck
1,214 Posts
Not by much, i bet.

check in here though

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
ive got a 2014 pro 4x, looking for winter tires. having a hard time finding winter rims. found a lead with 265/70r16 with tires. im sure these would work but would it screw up my speedo? is it a good switch? thinner tires for the winter? any advice. my spare would be wider if needed but its 8 yrs old and never used
Your speed will only be off by like 2 mph. it will read 75 but your only going 73. in the snow a narrower tire is better.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
it's fine, you'll be showing a couple mph faster than you really are traveling.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts