Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am going to need new tires and my truck spends little time off road so I prefer something better suited for on road duties without looking boring. I have Kuhmos now and I liked the way they look and the steering feel with them on but they are loud. Are there any other sport truck tires in this size that look good without being too loud.

*edit* Looks like I need 265/60/18 not 65

·
Premium Member
7,123 Posts
Street/Sport or light truck/SUV all-season hwy look? How many miles do you want out of them?
Obviously very subjective in the looks/appearance dept.

100% street-guy here liking the looks of the Pirelli Scorpion Verde. Long life and quiet*, too.

(* - Tirerack has removed the Tire Noise subjective rating category = strange)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Street/Sport or light truck/SUV all-season hwy look? How many miles do you want out of them?
Obviously very subjective in the looks/appearance dept.

100% street-guy here liking the looks of the Pirelli Scorpion Verde. Long life and quiet*, too.

(* - Tirerack has removed the Tire Noise subjective rating category = strange)

That looks like a good option, I'll have to look into those.

·
Premium Member
7,123 Posts
Will guesstimate that you'll generally get louder tires out of the Street/Sport category...along with a shorter tread life. I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing as getting 40k+ miles out of a set was considered adequate for a performance-type tire in my sports car days.

Prior to adding ARE bedshell (+/- 180 lbs), I found my new truck semi-lithe to some degree...but this added weight up so high drastically changed the handling dynamics. So, replaced my OEM BFG Long Trails (zero complaints, fwiw) with longer lasting and better Winter performing Mich Defenders. Found an overnight price glitch or flash sale and totally took advantage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts