Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a 240sx owner in Ontario, looking for a pickup. I'm concerned that the Frontier might not be enough truck, but the specs seem to say it will do the job. The 240sx has been the best car of my life, so I'm a Nissan fan.

I want to tow 5,000 lbs most weekends next year (2-horse trailer). I want a manual shift, so that rules out Titan. If I go for Ford or Dodge, I have to get 3/4 ton, which is too much truck (been there). Won't buy another GM, under any circumstances.

I'm looking at two Nismos and an SE, all 4x4 & 6-speeds. Towing is up to 6,300 lbs. Anyone know how much it likes that kind of work?

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
Mine loved it, towed my XJ a few times with good trailer brakes the truck can run highway speeds all day long. the big thing is if you tow a lot you'll want to upgrade the brake pads and rotors air load bags in the rear and do the typical intake and exhaust+ tuner

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
i have a buddy with a 26ft boat and tandem axle trailer which if i remember right is somewhere in the area of 4800-5200 lbs trailer and all depending on how much fuel is in it at the time and i end up towing it almost every weekend in the summer and my 07 se frontier does great, i've pulled the same boat with a buddy's F150 and I did not like the way it felt pulling that boat at all, i kind of wish frontiers had a more towing oriented set of side mirrors cause i hate those god awful stick on autozone little mirror things lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mirrors are good

i kind of wish frontiers had a more towing oriented set of side mirrors cause i hate those god awful stick on autozone little mirror things lol
That's a consideration. I use mirrors a lot, particularly to back trailers into parking slots. Small mirrors are a pain in the ... Has anyone addressed this shortcoming successfully?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
That's a consideration. I use mirrors a lot, particularly to back trailers into parking slots. Small mirrors are a pain in the ... Has anyone addressed this shortcoming successfully?
i wouldn't particularly call them small, it would be nice to have some provision for moving them out farther closer to the way titan mirrors are set off the body cause they are a little close to the truck itself for my tastes when towing. another nice thing that the titan mirrors have is the built in dual mirrors that are independently adjustable. those really just aren't things that come standard on mid sized trucks but i think would be a nice addition to the tow package on our trucks

titan mirror

·
Registered
321 Posts
i tow my 240sx around no problem...but it isnt 6500lbs

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Welcome to the club! From everything I've heard, they tow very well. Test drive one, they have plenty of power. A few mod's, and you'll be all set to get on the road!

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
With my 05 SE 4x4 I was able to tow 3000 lbs with a total weight of 9600lbs over the rocky mountains this past summer for my move. most of the trip was at 75+MPH. that little sticker on the UHAUL trailers that says 45 was forgotten about. now gas milage was horrible at an average of 13MPG. just remember the overdrive is not for towing turn it off if towing.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Welcome and enjoy.

Towing will depend on the uphill grade, flat or low grade NP.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.