Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new Frontier S back in early November. My wife has never had a truck, so she thinks it is ok to take my truck with far too much regularity. I ended up having to drive an Outback wagon that is/was her primary vehicle. I complained and she said the Frontier is now hers leaving me with the wagon. i traded the wagon in for for a 2022 Toyota Tacoma TDR Off-Road MT. It only had 5,600 mile on it at a dealer about 11 miles away.

Attachments

· Registered
1,483 Posts
I bought a new Frontier S back in early November. My wife has never had a truck, so she thinks it is ok to take my truck with far too much regularity. I ended up having to drive an Outback wagon that is/was her primary vehicle. I complained and she said the Frontier is now hers leaving me with the wagon. i traded the wagon in for for a 2022 Toyota Tacoma TDR Off-Road MT. It only had 5,600 mile on it at a dealer about 11 miles away.
Sorry you went to a taco :p
But as stated earlier, nice to compare the two now ;)
Good luck either way ✌

Reactions: Mr_Gubbmint_Man

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How do you like the manual on the Taco?
The power band on the 3.5 starts to kicks in at around 2300 rpm‘s. It feels like it is stressing the engine at 1800 rpm’s with sluggish acceleration. In contrast, the 3.8 seems to do well at 1800 rpm‘s and even lower. I would say the 3.8 definitely has more pep. (Low end torque) I tend to shift at around 2500 rpm‘s to keep the rpm’s from dropping below 2000 rpm’s while accelerating. Rpm’s drop between 1st and 2nd gears is a lot, with less drop between the higher gears. The good news is 6th gear is actually usable, unlike my 2017 JK with stock differential fitted to the 3.6 Pentastar. 6th gear in my JK was useless until I re-geared to a 4.56. I can actually accelerate when in 6th gear in the stock Taco.

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, now you can have a true comparison of the two trucks side-by-side.
Getting in and out of the Taco is much more difficult, even with the steering wheel tilted all the way up. I am 5”11 at 210lbs and it is tight. Big guys would likely have issues. In addition, the back seat space in the Taco is tighter as well. I would have definitely bought another Nissan if they still offered a MT.

· Registered
2023 Nissan Frontier Pro4X
19 Posts
I think you need to trade the wife in... 😂

· Registered
1,328 Posts
They don't make that truck anymore. Only the TRD Pro can be ordered with a MT now. And this will probably be the last year.

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
😳..Why did you get a Tacoma instead of a used Frontier ? At heart a Tacoma guy ? Ok...............
I would have purchased a low mileage V6 Frontier with MT. However, I was not able to find what I was looking for. The Taco happened to be on a lot right down the road. MT‘s are about to be a thing of the past unless you want a Jeep Gladiator.

· Registered
2019, Nissan Frontier SV 4x4, Arctic Blue.
1,126 Posts
MT‘s are about to be a thing of the past unless you want a Jeep Gladiator.
I personally don't belive that manuals are going to be forever gone. I think this current fad of everything is automatic, and electronic may actually not last depending on what the next five years brings us. This is coming from someone that is still in their early 30's.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts