Nissan Frontier Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Howdy,
I have a 2021 Midnight edition. I like all the blackout on the truck. The only chrome that it has is 4 little hubcaps. They arent much bigger that quarters. It also has a minimum of electronics. Just what I wanted after having a Jeep Gladiator which was an electronic night mare for me. I sure do like the 9 speed tranny and 310 H.P. Have a goodun!!!

·
Registered
2022 S King Cab
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Can’t lie the SV wheels look sick in black.
Yep, they do look good but it doesn't cost Nissan any more to paint them black instead of silver... But really, for a special package that cost almost 2K, it should have 18in bespoke wheels. BTW, the steelies look really good in black, too.

·
Registered
61 Posts
In Nissan's never ending quest to provide it's customers with the best value in the truck market, they have taken all the matte black parts from the S and included them in the MN edition which costs about 1800.00 plus another 755.00 for MN door sill plates and step rails. It does include black wheels (just painted SV wheels) and LED HL but holy cow that is a bold move on their part. So, not only did they decontent the 22's and many of the packages, but they unashamedly upcharge for using the base model parts on a special edition. Wow. It does make you wonder how bad Nissan is doing financially when they pull stunts like this.
View attachment 361550
That's nothing new and Nissan has been doing it for years.

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro-4x Tactical Green, 4" Nisstec with 285/70/17 KO2s
164 Posts
The point is not whether "they all do it" it is the fact that Nissan used to be the value leader in small trucks and now they have to resort to stuff like this to make money. Kinda pathetic. More pathetic that people actually pay almost 2K for their truck to look like the base S. WTH? But they did it with the grill on the P4X first which I also thought was pretty lame- "let's differentiate our top of the line halo model by putting the grill off the base truck on it"!
Dealers around ATL have lots of Frontiers on the lots. 10 of anything you want. Local Ford dealer is already back to 9K off sticker and 2.9% financing on F150's.
Which is more pathetic - them finding ways to make money because people will buy them, or the folks who buy them? If people are willing to pay, then more power to them.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Which is more pathetic - them finding ways to make money because people will buy them, or the folks who buy them? If people are willing to pay, then more power to them.
Third gen Frontier is more expensive across the board. People are paying $48,000 for a Pro4X, when in reality, you could have purchased a basic full sized truck for that amount.

·
Registered
2022 Pro-4X
132 Posts
All things being relative I paid about 42k for my well equipped pro4x. If you have shopped new full sized trucks lately you’ll notice that 42k might get you a barebones 2wd work truck at Ford or Chevy.

All the auto manufacturers are doing what they can to get maximum profits on fewer vehicles sold because of the constrained supply chain. There aren’t enough materials and parts to make it up on volume at this point.

Acura is a selling a TLX package that is essentially a special paint color and assembled by a different team at Acura for a $7500 premium. The general “car people” crowd doesn’t seem amused but I’m going to go out on a limb and say they sell every single one.

·
Registered
820 Posts
All things being relative I paid about 42k for my well equipped pro4x. If you have shopped new full sized trucks lately you’ll notice that 42k might get you a barebones 2wd work truck at Ford or Chevy.

All the auto manufacturers are doing what they can to get maximum profits on fewer vehicles sold because of the constrained supply chain. There aren’t enough materials and parts to make it up on volume at this point.

Acura is a selling a TLX package that is essentially a special paint color and assembled by a different team at Acura for a $7500 premium. The general “car people” crowd doesn’t seem amused but I’m going to go out on a limb and say they sell every single one.
RAM has a 1500 Crew Cab Big Horn V6 nicely equipped for around $41,000, or a V8 for around $43,000. (I used the RAM as an example, if you're not a ram fan, you can refrain from reply posts). I don't think Ford or Chevy can even come close to that now.

·
Registered
2022 Pro-4X
132 Posts
RAM has a 1500 Crew Cab Big Horn V6 nicely equipped for around $41,000, or a V8 for around $43,000. (I used the RAM as an example, if you're not a ram fan, you can refrain from reply posts). I don't think Ford or Chevy can even come close to that now.
Well the pro4x technically starts in the upper 30s not $48k. I guess I just don’t understand your point. The highest possible priced Frontier trim comes in at basically the lowest possible full sized trim across the board. It’s always been this way. It’s the same for Ranger, Colorado, and Tacoma and their respective full sized trucks.

It’s just the fundamental question of do you like midsized trucks or not? The gas savings over a full size has been marginal for years. You kind of have to want a mid sized truck to be satisfied with it.

The upsides generally are:

Better price for “like to like trim” levels.
Marginally better fuel economy.
Better in many off-road situations (lighter, narrower, etc)
Better handling (subjective to a degree).
Easier to park and fits in more garages and driveways.

·
Registered
2021 Frontier SV CC 4x4; 2018 Frontier SV KC 4x2
1,232 Posts
Well the pro4x technically starts in the upper 30s not $48k. I guess I just don’t understand your point. The highest possible priced Frontier trim comes in at basically the lowest possible full sized trim across the board. It’s always been this way. It’s the same for Ranger, Colorado, and Tacoma and their respective full sized trucks.

It’s just the fundamental question of do you like midsized trucks or not? The gas savings over a full size has been marginal for years. You kind of have to want a mid sized truck to be satisfied with it.

The upsides generally are:

Better price for “like to like trim” levels.
Marginally better fuel economy.
Better in many off-road situations (lighter, narrower, etc)
Better handling (subjective to a degree).
Easier to park and fits in more garages and driveways.
I’m with ya here. Yes, I probably could’ve bought a stripped down 2wd full-size truck for what I paid for my Frontier, but I got a nicer truck for the money. Not to mention that I don’t have room in my driveway for a full-size & there’s no way in hell I could maneuver my boat back into the garage with a truck 2-3’ longer. The fuel savings argument is bunk though. I’m pretty sure every full-sizer can manage more than the 17.3 mpg my Frontier averages.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Well the pro4x technically starts in the upper 30s not $48k.
HUH? I've never seen a Pro-4X for under $42,000 (at least not where I live ~ 250 miles) That gets you a base Pro-4X with Conv. Pkg. I'm referring to a Pro-4x on the lot for purchase today (or scheduled in-transit)

Can you show me a Pro-4X new, for sale, in the "upper 30's"???

·
Registered
820 Posts
I’m with ya here. Yes, I probably could’ve bought a stripped down 2wd full-size truck for what I paid for my Frontier, but I got a nicer truck for the money. Not to mention that I don’t have room in my driveway for a full-size & there’s no way in hell I could maneuver my boat back into the garage with a truck 2-3’ longer. The fuel savings argument is bunk though. I’m pretty sure every full-sizer can manage more than the 17.3 mpg my Frontier averages.
He did say "marginal". LOL

But I agree 100% on size and maneuverability. I got to where I simply could not get in and out of my 1500 Ram.

·
Registered
498 Posts
HUH? I've never seen a Pro-4X for under $42,000 (at least not where I live ~ 250 miles) That gets you a base Pro-4X with Conv. Pkg. I'm referring to a Pro-4x on the lot for purchase today (or scheduled in-transit)

Can you show me a Pro-4X new, for sale, in the "upper 30's"???
The cheapest I have found a
PRO-4X for is $44K. My local dealership has 2 at this price with no mark ups and only $100 doc fee.

I look around all the time and this is the cheapest I have found my state AZ.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I'm waiting on JTruck22 to show us that "upper 30's" Pro-4X.

The cheapest I have found a
PRO-4X for is $44K. My local dealership has 2 at this price with no mark ups and only $100 doc fee.

I look around all the time and this is the cheapest I have found my state AZ.
Jtruck22 said:
Well the pro4x technically starts in the upper 30s not $48k.

·
Registered
2022 Pro-4X
132 Posts
The MSRP of the 2023 Pro-4x is $38k and change. The point is that you chose an arbitrary high value ($48k) which in reality gets you a fully equipped frontier. I was simply pointing out that the Pro4x technically starts in the upper 30s not at $48k. You will have to add in the destination charge like any new vehicle on the planet.

Font Camera Camera lens Automotive mirror Cameras & optics

Regarding what you can actually pay for one, many well equipped Pro4x can be found with a cursory google search anywhere from $40k-$44k.

As stated that gets you a stripped out full size from the big three including Ram where you can get a warlock with a very plain interior, tiny Infotainment screen, and no locker or real off-road equipment generally. if you want a nice full sized truck right now you’re pretty much paying in the mid 50s. When those prices come down so will Frontiers. Before the pandemic Nissan would offer big incentives on Frontiers and you can bet that will come back really fast when competition heats up.

The pricing for midsize trucks and full size is roughly what it has always been. Prices are up across the board but you can typically get a well equipped mid sized for roughly the price of a basic entry level full size.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
469 Posts
Around here, you can get a P4X with the Tech package for $42k.

Reactions: Gregs2022ProX
21 - 40 of 40 Posts