Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a tonneau cover for a 2021 fit the 2022? I don't know if the bed size has changed and I can't find the actual dimensions anywhere. I also can't find any that are specifically for the 22 yet... Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Pro 4x 4x4 with way too many features
171 Posts
Will a tonneau cover for a 2021 fit the 2022? I don't know if the bed size has changed and I can't find the actual dimensions anywhere. I also can't find any that are specifically for the 22 yet... Thanks!
I think there is a post on here where someone tried his neighbors cover and it fit fine. I pulled the Truxedo off my 2020 and plan on putting it on my 2022. They don't give you anything for it when you trade so why not?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think there is a post on here where someone tried his neighbors cover and it fit fine. I pulled the Truxedo off my 2020 and plan on putting it on my 2022. They don't give you anything for it when you trade so why not?
My dealership takes them off and tosses them in a pile behind the dumpster!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a soft roll up cover on my Titan. The Revolution by Extang.
This cover is awesome. Easy to use, rolls up easy and tucks away tight and low to the back window.
Unfortunately, it's now discontinued. I hope they bring it back as I'm not fond of the new ones. 🤞
I don't like a tri-fold, and don't want the back window covered.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Only cover I could find that was in stock is from Rough Country. At it's not exclusively for a 22 - it fits from 05 through 22. Suggests that 21 covers will fit a 22. They have a hard and a soft tri-fold, no rollups. I ordered the soft tri-fold - supposed to arrive today. Bed mats are another issue. Looking at photos, the bottom of the beds of a 21 and 22 look identical. I assume that a tailgate cover would need to be new with the deeper bed. Rough Country said that they are working on a bed mat and that it should be available in 6 to 8 weeks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also ran across the rough country cover, figured if their 21 fit the 22 then other brands will as well. I ordered a Gator EFX hard tri fold, it's getting delivered today... I'll let you all know how it goes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just got my 2022 Pro-4X for towing my small off-road trailer because my Subaru Outback just could not handle the weight. Ready to go camping again but need a bed cover. I believe there is a very slight bed length difference between the 2nd and 3rd generations. For example, a 2019 Pro-4X lists a bed length of 59.5 inches and the 2022 lists 58.9 inches. Of course there is more storage area in the 2022 because the bed is deeper. i spoke with Bak on September 30, 2021 and they said they have no confirmation that the 2021 BakFlip MX4 will work on a 2022 and I was told to check back in a few weeks (stock answer). I also measured the side rails on a 2021 SV (because that was the only one I could find) and the side rails were not the same width as the 2022 Pro-4X. Very anxious to hear what works, including those from Rough Country.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Another conversation on the same topic. I uploaded pictures of the Rough Country soft trifold installed on my 2022 S.

·
Registered
2020 Pro 4x 4x4 with way too many features
171 Posts
New to Nissan but I thought the 22's were Gen3?
They are, but I have owned a 2005, 2010, 2020 and now 2022. Other than any errors in production, they all measure the same at the top inside edge of the bed rail from front to back and side to side. Before the tailgate cap was added, they were a little longer, (1/4"), but that can be compensated for.
You should be safe with any cover for a 2020 on up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They are, but I have owned a 2005, 2010, 2020 and now 2022. Other than any errors in production, they all measure the same at the top inside edge of the bed rail from front to back and side to side. Before the tailgate cap was added, they were a little longer, (1/4"), but that can be compensated for.
You should be safe with any cover for a 2020 on up.
Thanks for the info... I just ordered one. I wanted a Bakflip but I called them and they said wouldn't fit? I don't understand why some do and some don't, unless they want physically put it on the truck before they claim it does...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Bump, same question. Is that the MX4? Does it attached via the utilitrak or to the underside of the bed rails?
1-10 easy to hard on the install?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Bump, same question. Is that the MX4? Does it attached via the utilitrak or to the underside of the bed rails?
1-10 easy to hard on the install?
I also installed the MX4 this weekend. Easy install and fits perfect. I installed on the underside of the bed since it didn't come with hardware to install in the utilatrack.

Since I see you are in Canada... I ordered from partsengine.ca on Wed at 2pm, and it was delivered Thurs at 9:30am.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts