Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced the factory incandescent lamps in my 2022 S model's map / dome light and rear dome light with LEDs. The pic doesn't do them justice given how bright it was out today with the snow. They're definitely going to light up the cabin better than the incandescent bulbs did.

It wasn't wise to have at this in 30degF temps like I did. The lenses for the map / dome light were difficult to pry off in the cold. If you use anything metal, you are going to bugger up the plastic housing. I switched to a plastic trim tool after the first attempt. The rear dome light lens (crew cab model) popped off very easily.

These are the LED bulbs I used: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FCX3FFN?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

On a side note, does anyone know how to remove the map / dome light housing from the headliner? Are these like the Xterras, where you kind of push the whole assembly towards the rear of the vehicle and pry downward?

Reactions: geo8866 and GreyFox

· Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably wrong, but if I'm right... I read some place that this style (no glasses holder) was a PIA to put back.
That's my worry with it. I would have liked to be able to pull it down so I could tap into it's harness for my auto dimming mirror install. I'll probably go the accessory harness route with that instead.

· Registered
2023 Pro 4X Baja Sandstorm
94 Posts
I just replaced the factory incandescent lamps in my 2022 S model's map / dome light and rear dome light with LEDs. The pic doesn't do them justice given how bright it was out today with the snow. They're definitely going to light up the cabin better than the incandescent bulbs did.

It wasn't wise to have at this in 30degF temps like I did. The lenses for the map / dome light were difficult to pry off in the cold. If you use anything metal, you are going to bugger up the plastic housing. I switched to a plastic trim tool after the first attempt. The rear dome light lens (crew cab model) popped off very easily.

These are the LED bulbs I used: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FCX3FFN?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

On a side note, does anyone know how to remove the map / dome light housing from the headliner? Are these like the Xterras, where you kind of push the whole assembly towards the rear of the vehicle and pry downward?

I know nothing about LEDs but someone else mentioned that their LEDs were making a "humming" noise. Is that an issue with these? Do they make any noise?

· Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No noise, flickering, etc. The only anomaly I notice is when off, they appear to remain very dimly lit in the dark. Ignition on, engine running.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts