Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! New here but recently had a huge problem with my truck and thought I would share my experience here.

This morning my truck would not start. The dash first said that the Key ID was not recognized so I went back inside and grabbed my spare. Still would not start and now it was saying to use the parking brake when parked. I started panicking a little and called my dealer who said I would have to get it towed. I did some more research and found a solution to get it to start.

Disconnect your positive terminal.
Wait 5 minutes
Connect the positive terminal.
Jump Start Your truck.

I'm at the dealer now, but from most of my research it's looking like a transmission module is the culprit. I'm hoping this is not the case since that would mean dropping the transmission in order to service it. I'm also really hoping that my warranty covers all of this including the rental I'm going to ask for. This is my first new vehicle purchase, and I went the new route so that I wouldn't have these types of problems. I will keep you guys updated.
Car Vehicle Speedometer Automotive lighting Trip computer

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update:

The dealer said that it was a defective battery causing a lot of systems to short out. I don’t quite believe that to be true but we’ll see. Everything including the rental they gave me was covered under warranty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts