Nissan Frontier Forum banner
121 - 140 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
I reached out on another p4x in white and they sent me the numbers, another 5k markup and other dealer add on fees so I told them not interested...if you find a dealer who aint marking these up consider yourself lucky cause im striking out lol
Your wanting the holy grail of P4X's. A loaded out one with the prem pack. Pretty sure if they sell one at MSRP it will probably be sold in the first hour after hitting the lot or while in transit. I assume your tracking the ones in auto trader in transit to various dealers? If your really serious I would widen your circle at least 400-500 miles from your home and make a list of those in transit that are fully loaded and be ready to put down a deposit on the VIN number interested. If your really wanting the grey color you got your work cut out. You might even want to widen that circle out even more lol.

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro4X Glacier White
71 Posts
Your wanting the holy grail of P4X's. A loaded out one with the prem pack. Pretty sure if they sell one at MSRP it will probably be sold in the first hour after hitting the lot or while in transit. I assume your tracking the ones in auto trader in transit to various dealers? If your really serious I would widen your circle at least 400-500 miles from your home and make a list of those in transit that are fully loaded and be ready to put down a deposit on the VIN number interested. If your really wanting the grey color you got your work cut out. You might even want to widen that circle out even more lol.
yeah ive looked further away but its not changing the fact that you are correct, I want what I want and will be patient even if it takes years to get a fair deal on a loaded out truck of my choosing...until then this tundra trd pro will have to get me by....hence why im not in a rush as I have a very good truck now..I have essentially gave up on finding one at msrp that meets my wants..thanks for the advice but it just aint happening right now

·
Registered
361 Posts
yeah ive looked further away but its not changing the fact that you are correct, I want what I want and will be patient even if it takes years to get a fair deal on a loaded out truck of my choosing...until then this tundra trd pro will have to get me by....hence why im not in a rush as I have a very good truck now..I have essentially gave up on finding one at msrp that meets my wants..thanks for the advice but it just aint happening right now
You know people have been known to put a million miles on a tundra.

·
Registered
71 Posts
You know people have been known to put a million miles on a tundra.
oh yeah its a great truck. I was just looking to downsize as the tundra is more truck than I need...looked at the tacoma and didn't care for the seating and how it drove, but when I seen this new frontier I was like hey now this might be what I buy as it would fill my needs so I started my search...but im not paying a few grand less than what I paid for my fully loaded tundra for a midsize truck...this initial bubble will bust on them and then ill get back into the search..this is the exact same type of response I gave the dealers that sent me quotes and they never even replied which goes to show they aint negotiating at all right now and only interested on finding the next sucker to rape financially lol

·
Registered
361 Posts
oh yeah its a great truck. I was just looking to downsize as the tundra is more truck than I need...looked at the tacoma and didn't care for the seating and how it drove, but when I seen this new frontier I was like hey now this might be what I buy as it would fill my needs so I started my search...but im not paying a few grand less than what I paid for my fully loaded tundra for a midsize truck...this initial bubble will bust on them and then ill get back into the search..this is the exact same type of response I gave the dealers that sent me quotes and they never even replied which goes to show they aint negotiating at all right now and only interested on finding the next sucker to rape financially lol
I consider many in auto sales to be the lowest common denominator lol. The finance people can be outright criminal. 🦹‍♂️🦹‍♂️🦹‍♂️🦹‍♂️

·
Registered
71 Posts
I consider many in auto sales to be the lowest common denominator lol. The finance people can be outright criminal. 🦹‍♂️🦹‍♂️🦹‍♂️🦹‍♂️
you are correct on that..I cant stand dealing with them which is why I only online shop until I can make a deal and then ill make my way into their lobby...I always have fun with those finance guys cause I come with financing already done with my bank and not interested whatsoever in any of their bull crap add ons lol

·
Registered
242 Posts
The average tenure of a auto salesperson - even the good ones - is a few months. They need to sell a car now. If the boss told them there not selling at MSRP, then your wasting their time. Don't hate the player.

This is the reason BTW that Tesla refuses to sell through independent dealers. That might be the only thing they got right, but when you buy a Tesla you buy from the manufacturer, and you get service from the manufacturer, and the pricing is fixed - take it or leave it.

·
Super Moderator
19,970 Posts
I can see MSRP if there’s low to no inventory but I’d never pay over sticker. Greed is what’s ruining this country. There is enough profit built into the sticker price.

Clint
In better times we shopped by invoice prices and not sticker prices. It was a matter of going up from invoice price versus coming down from sticker price.

·
Super Moderator
11,525 Posts
A good large volume dealer can get inbound vehicles diverted from other dealers. As long as it’s not presold they don’t care. When I was Titan shopping they told me what they can do.

Clint

·
Registered
361 Posts
you are correct on that..I cant stand dealing with them which is why I only online shop until I can make a deal and then ill make my way into their lobby...I always have fun with those finance guys cause I come with financing already done with my bank and not interested whatsoever in any of their bull crap add ons lol
The average tenure of a auto salesperson - even the good ones - is a few months. They need to sell a car now. If the boss told them there not selling at MSRP, then your wasting their time. Don't hate the player.

This is the reason BTW that Tesla refuses to sell through independent dealers. That might be the only thing they got right, but when you buy a Tesla you buy from the manufacturer, and you get service from the manufacturer, and the pricing is fixed - take it or leave it.
What I don't like is the dishonesty and or the "games" that sales and their managers play. Its the process that can be very tiring for the buyer. The finance department can often use trickery to scam customers full stop. I'll give an example when I bought a 2005 pathfinder. Told I wanted a certain payment and no more then 5 years financing. They added extended warranty and it all looked good until I looked at the fine print. He added an extra year of financing. I got up and expressed my anger. Told him I was walking out. Then he dropped it down to 5 years and threw in the extended warranty for free. Because I had exposed him. Sales also employ numerous deceitful tactics. Yes I know the BS might be driven from higher manager but I will hate on anyone that tries to rip me off. Its the nice guy that ends up paying thousands more. You have to be an *** when buying cars/trucks. Its unfortunate. I become like them lol. I'm no better in that regard. These days its really hard to get the upper hand. The dealer has all the leverage. They are already way ahead in negotiations before you even contact them. And for whatever reason demand is way up and people have become desperate believing they have to pay whatever it takes to buy. I knew a gal that just recently bought a house that put down 65K and paid over 15 thousand asking and did not even get an appraisal just to lock into it. That's insane. Its a great way to get underwater on a mortgage that is for sure.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Looked at two of them this morning at the local stealership. When viewed from the front the hood is u.g.l.y.

It is not so imposing when viewed straight on from standing in front of the vehicle.

Either way, I’ll stick with the ‘19 SL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got to see the SV and PRO 4X in person. The bed floor rails deleted looks odd now, but the 2nd bed light, power port, and tail-gate step are nice additions. The feather light CLOSING tailgate is really a big plus! I liked that the interior controls are better placed like the 4x4 selector. The new power seat seems a bit lower at it's highest position even though it's not the 8-way adjustable. The power seat still seems to have a good up and down range. It didn't seem that the new foot e-brake was too obtrusive🤔. There just wasn't anything brand new on the lot. I counted 2 Titans, 2 Frontiers (plus 1 demo PRO-4X registered in TN), 3 Sentras, 1 Leaf, 2 Rogues, 1 Murano.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Trent
Yep. Purchasing a vehicle is actually 3 transactions that should each be negotiated separately, usually in the following order: (1) the total purchase price (with all adders), (2) the trade in value, and (3) the financing (with all adders), and they can get to us on any one if not all 3 if we let them.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Trent
Yep. Purchasing a vehicle is actually 3 transactions that should each be negotiated separately, usually in the following order: (1) the total purchase price (with all adders), (2) the trade in value, and (3) the financing (with all adders), and they can get to us on any one if not all 3 if we let them.
I agree with your 1 and 2. I pay cash so I don't concern myself with financing. I also don't tell them its a cash transaction till we have an signed purchase. Then is do they want cash, personal check or cashier check.

One a vehicle is paid off I just keep paying myself a vehicle payment to build up savings for the next vehicle.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·

Tesla has had difficulty in gaining footholds in certain states. They are opposed by the dealer lobby who claim consumers are protected by dealers. If consumers bought directly from the OEM, they would be open to being ripped off by the manufacturer. This was spoken by a dealer spokesperson. Genuine BS.

·
Registered
16 Posts
FFRT

That’s the best way to do it. Also, if trading in a vehicle, get an in-store estimate from CarMax ahead of time (good for 7 days). When I bought my 2017 Frontier about 6 weeks ago, the dealership upped the trade in by over a $1,000 to match a current quote I had from CarMax.

I have helped one of my daughters and my step daughter buy several cars over the years and we walked away feeling we had sounded out the best price they would give on each one. We had a couple of finance officers get pretty frustrated when I kept recommending they not get the different protection packages, extras, and ‘gap insurance’. The last one stopped acknowledging that I was in the room and would only speak to my step daughter.

·
Super Moderator
19,970 Posts
FFRT

That’s the best way to do it. Also, if trading in a vehicle, get an in-store estimate from CarMax ahead of time (good for 7 days). When I bought my 2017 Frontier about 6 weeks ago, the dealership upped the trade in by over a $1,000 to match a current quote I had from CarMax.

I have helped one of my daughters and my step daughter buy several cars over the years and we walked away feeling we had sounded out the best price they would give on each one. We had a couple of finance officers get pretty frustrated when I kept recommending they not get the different protection packages, extras, and ‘gap insurance’. The last one stopped acknowledging that I was in the room and would only speak to my step daughter.
When I bought my last new car in 2011 I told the finance officer not to waste my time talking about extras. Just fill out the paperwork for what I agreed to pay for the car and take the checks I have already made out. He complied.

·
Registered
71 Posts
When I bought my last new car in 2011 I told the finance officer not to waste my time talking about extras. Just fill out the paperwork for what I agreed to pay for the car and take the checks I have already made out. He complied.
same...I maintain control of the sale from start to finish...I go in on a mission and my time is valuable.

·
Registered
92 Posts
same...I maintain control of the sale from start to finish...I go in on a mission and my time is valuable.
I bought my 2020 in March. I asked a few dealers the out-the-door price. Got the Pro-4x for $34k in Texas and had to drive it back to Vegas but it was a great adventure and I picked up 2 sets of plates from Shrockworks to drive home with.

One dealer advertised $28k and out-the-door was $38k. I asked, "How do you have $10k in dealer fees.......Never mind."

121 - 140 of 142 Posts