Nissan Frontier Forum banner
101 - 120 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro4X Glacier White
71 Posts
I live in TN. I checked TN, NC, GA and Kentucky. I’d say don’t give up.
yeah im in Georgia so I checked ga, al, tn and fl...and half of those were crossed off the list immediately when they didn't have the tow hitch...all the remaining ones were marked up...I won't give up on finding one but I know its gonna be a long game more than likely

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’d say if you find one fully loaded even without the tow $490 package piece I’d still get it. It’s a fairly cheap add on. I’m not compromising on anything else though.

yeah im in Georgia so I checked ga, al, tn and fl...and half of those were crossed off the list immediately when they didn't have the tow hitch...all the remaining ones were marked up...I won't give up on finding one but I know its gonna be a long game more than likely

·
Registered
71 Posts
I’d say if you find one fully loaded even without the tow $490 package piece I’d still get it. It’s a fairly cheap add on. I’m not compromising on anything else though.
im not gonna get involved with adding stuff on afterwards, I want it all done from the factory cause you aren't just losing the hitch itself, but the wiring and connectors, which means new bumper as well cause the 7/4 pin connectors are apart of the bumper..I don't mind waiting to find the exact truck im looking for at a fair price

·
Registered
83 Posts
Guess my 2019 w/ 5k miles on it is worth more than I paid in March of last year. Figured the "crisis" was good cover to buy a car & maybe get a killer deal. That worked out well. The dealership has 16 2022's and they sell them at sticker, at least that is what they told me a week ago.. Cookevill, TN Nissan.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Guess my 2019 w/ 5k miles on it is worth more than I paid in March of last year. Figured the "crisis" was good cover to buy a car & maybe get a killer deal. That worked out well. The dealership has 16 2022's and they sell them at sticker, at least that is what they told me a week ago.. Cookevill, TN Nissan.
I would be really impressed with them if they get a fully loaded out pro 4x and sell it at sticker...I did see them on YouTube advertising the new Nissan so I looked at their site, just no trucks im interested in...I have a man crush on that boulder grey p4x all loaded out that doesn't have the tow hitch deleted..that seems to be a real issue cause ive found so many with that being the case and im like really...who wants a truck without a tow hitch..not this guy lol

·
Registered
361 Posts
I would be really impressed with them if they get a fully loaded out pro 4x and sell it at sticker...I did see them on YouTube advertising the new Nissan so I looked at their site, just no trucks im interested in...I have a man crush on that boulder grey p4x all loaded out that doesn't have the tow hitch deleted..that seems to be a real issue cause ive found so many with that being the case and im like really...who wants a truck without a tow hitch..not this guy lol
Yeah that's probably the best color. Nissan must also think so being that was the color they used with those very first unveil videos a while back. The titan P4X also looks good in that color. Although I only saw one once, its pretty eye popping as well. IMO, the color looks even better in person then in pictures. Be patient, your'll get the one you want at MSRP. Not all dealers play that addendum game and even those that do, can be negotiated back to reality sometimes. Sometimes its better to widen your search circle. I bought my X3 BWM from Ariizona which is almost 7 hour drive. Never went to dealer. Had it shipped for 600 bucks and still did tax title in New Mexico which is WAY cheaper then Arizona. Saved 7K buying out of state at the time. I generally buy out of state about half the time and the other half manage good deals locally. If I were in the market, I would also get the loaded one since there are too many features on the premium package that I would want.

·
Registered
124 Posts
im not gonna get involved with adding stuff on afterwards, I want it all done from the factory cause you aren't just losing the hitch itself, but the wiring and connectors, which means new bumper as well cause the 7/4 pin connectors are apart of the bumper..I don't mind waiting to find the exact truck im looking for at a fair price
I saw a news article online that said the trailer tow receiver hitch delete is a supplier problem. It’s supposed to be resolved in a month or so. In order to get trucks out on the lot Nissan offered the $495 credit or whatever it is and just get the trucks out there instead of waiting.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
I saw a news article online that said the trailer tow receiver hitch delete is a supplier problem. It’s supposed to be resolved in a month or so. In order to get trucks out on the lot Nissan offered the $495 credit or whatever it is and just get the trucks out there instead of waiting.
There has been stories of vehicles delivered with missing features. Said features are tied to chips the manufacturer does not have.

·
Registered
361 Posts
That's correct I think I read the same article. Instead of not shipping the vehicle they decided to give a credit. For the majority of owners the tow receivers probably not something they're worried about and for those that are they will just wait. Meanwhile they can try to ramp up capacity make some money on these trucks being they have taken 16 years to get to this point. They really needed to be at this point a few years back they could have really capitalized on the current generation of trucks. As it is the competition will have new generations in one or two years which will outdate this truck in many ways. Nissan knows the highest revenues for this truck will be in the first and second year of production
and will fall sharply after that.

·
Registered
71 Posts
yeah thats the first thing I look for when I find another one that peeks my interest...I find the window sticker online and see if its been deleted or not...im sure it won't stop someone out there from buying it, however ill be sure to have it on mine if I ever find a fair deal on one...im opening my search to add white instead of only looking for the grey, so maybe ill find a decent dealer and get a white one instead

·
Registered
11 Posts
This 2022 will sell out quickly with all kinds of markups. Many other brands have trucks already pre-sold for the year. The market hasn't bottomed yet. Covid-19 and the months that it already takes to manufacture a lot box of semiconductors might make it sometime around the 2025 model year before all inventory starts sitting on lots.

·
Registered
361 Posts
This 2022 will sell out quickly with all kinds of markups. Many other brands have trucks already pre-sold for the year. The market hasn't bottomed yet. Covid-19 and the months that it already takes to manufacture a lot box of semiconductors might make it sometime around the 2025 model year before all inventory starts sitting on lots.
Don't be spreading that kind of FUD. OEM manufacturers are already contracting Intel to build chips for their trucks and cars I know this for a fact since I know people in management at Intel near my house that are doing this I do not expect capacity shortages more than one year or 1.5 years tops. Furthermore most legitimate Auto industry reports also show that these capacity shortages will not be lasting more than one or 1.5 years.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Maybe even quicker. The setup may be a pain but production can always be ramped so long as it means a profit. I doubt they hold up supply to keep demand/price high... sales equals parts and service shortly after.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Don't be spreading that kind of FUD. OEM manufacturers are already contracting Intel to build chips for their trucks and cars I know this for a fact since I know people in management at Intel near my house that are doing this I do not expect capacity shortages more than one year or 1.5 years tops. Furthermore most legitimate Auto industry reports also show that these capacity shortages will not be lasting more than one or 1.5 years.
The automobile industry has safety and quality standards as well as important qualifications for parts/components and systems. The semiconductor industry was already struggling just like every industry trying to keep up with demand. The leading qualified automotive suppliers are NXP Semiconductors (Netherlands-Arizona-Texas), Renesas (Japan), Infineon Technologies (Germany-Texas).

·
Registered
107 Posts
Clock ticking

And...

I'm certain nobody should be certain :p

·
Registered
11 Posts
The point is that semiconductors take several weeks to manufacture, final test, and package before they are even ready to be shipped to an automobile manufacturer. New semiconductor manufacturing has to be qualified as do new products and all of that takes time. Then there is the startup time for some automobile manufacturers that have currently idled more than 50% of production. Add covid-19, worker shortage, and delivery/shortage of raw materials, and the delays to receive just about anything you try to order right now. It's not as quick as flipping a switch on. Semiconductor manufacturers supply chips globally.....and not just for automobiles.

·
Registered
361 Posts
The point is that semiconductors take several weeks to manufacture, final test, and package before they are even ready to be shipped to an automobile manufacturer. New semiconductor manufacturing has to be qualified as do new products and all of that takes time. Then there is the startup time for some automobile manufacturers that have currently idled more than 50% of production. Add covid-19, worker shortage, and delivery/shortage of raw materials, and the delays to receive just about anything you try to order right now. It's not as quick as flipping a switch on. Semiconductor manufacturers supply chips globally.....and not just for automobiles.
I work with an Ex Intel safety manager and he just told me yesterday they are wanting to ramp up another fab and were trying to hire him back to make auto chips here in Rio Rancho New Mexico. He said its a big head ache starting up a new fab and was not interested. He is more interested in looking forward to retirement. From what I read allot of the capacity will be restored in Maylasia in 2022 with many other fabs also increasing capacity. Yeah there are some doom and gloom forecasting out through 2024 but in no means will it be like it is now. It will get ALLOT better starting next year. Once Maylasia hits their 80 percent vaccination rate they can resume production to 100 percent. They are currently at just 60 percent capacity so there is allot more production that will resume in 2022. I'm not buying it that it will take years and years to correct this problem. There is too much revenue being lost. Its times like this that manufactures find a way out of this situationl and will authorize overtime as much as one wants. Used to work at Motorola for 11 years in mobile when they had 85 percent of the market and know first hand about trying to ramp up capacity. I have allot more faith in what Intel and other manufacturers can do to remedity the shortage. They are good at what they do. I known a few Intel engineers and they are very sharp at what they do.. They have the ability to fast track production. What I do see however are cost increases coming. And Auto oems will likely be ok with increased costs just so they can get ahead of this and also build some inventory buffers. They definitely want to have a secondary source for chips.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
No, it will not take 3 years for the market to respond to the chip shortage. When the fever breaks, we will have an oversupply problem. My best guess is late next year we will ample supplies of chips.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I reached out on another p4x in white and they sent me the numbers, another 5k markup and other dealer add on fees so I told them not interested...if you find a dealer who aint marking these up consider yourself lucky cause im striking out lol

101 - 120 of 142 Posts