Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you're used to the Frontier selling for $2-3k off of sticker, you will be in for a surprise with the 2022. My dealer will get his allotment on Monday. For the foreseeable future, they will be selling at $500 over sticker. Supplies are limited.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
This makes sense at these times and being the long awaited change. Let's see how it plays out down the road.

·
Super Moderator
11,520 Posts
I can see MSRP if there’s low to no inventory but I’d never pay over sticker. Greed is what’s ruining this country. There is enough profit built into the sticker price.

Clint

·
Registered
236 Posts
Even before the pandemic if you wanted to be the very first one off the lot with a brand new model you almost always paid sticker. 6 months later was a different story.

These days, $500 over sticker sounds cheap.

Personally I wouldn't want the first of anything off the production line. Let others complete the beta testing.

·
Registered
Great truck
1,149 Posts
The engine and trans are already tested. My buddy Larry has the 2020 or 21, whichever has the new engine and 9 speed trans and he loves it.

He hardly drives his first gen anymore and he has some outrageous number of miles on that 01, 5 or 800k

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Right now, I don't think any new truck is selling for $2-3K off sticker.

·
Registered
258 Posts
The vehicle market is insane everywhere right now, trucks even moreso than cars.

I have been offered thousands more than I paid for my truck 2 years ago, but where is the benefit in that if you pay through the nose for a replacement?

Most all the dealer lots in this area have plenty of used vehicles but very few new ones.

Reactions: Krons

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The dealer's lot did not have one 2021 Frontier in inventory. They have the hammer now.

·
Super Moderator
11,520 Posts
The dealer's lot did not have one 2021 Frontier in inventory. They have the hammer now.
My local nissan dealers lot has almost zero new cars, you’d think there were closing down when there is normally about 125 vehicles. It’s a pitiful sight.

Clint

·
Registered
640 Posts
I will wait a year or more before I buy a new vehicle unless a major accident or breakdown occurs. Only have 27K on my 16 Pro4x. Even with the higher used car prices it is not worth to me to pay what the dealers are asking. Especially when the majority of them also add about 2K in dealer add-ons that are not needed.

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
223 Posts
I'd be willing to bet when the 2005 first debuted, it was selling for sticker or a bit over

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
223 Posts
Back in February I paid $34k for a 2020 Pro4x. Today with 12k miles I sold the truck to Carmax for $34k. I bought a 2002 Maxima for $1500 to drive for a year or so and then buy the 2022 for about $35k. And then sell the Maxima for $1500. I think I'm coming out ok on the deals.
Did you check around other places to see if they would offer more?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I talked to my local dealer he said 2995 over msrp for all the new frontiers. He sent me a window sticker for a SV 4x4 LWB and it came to 39970 so about 43k after the dealer mark up so I assume 40k for the short bed. I paid 29K in May for a left over 20 SV 4x4. The most BS part of the build is the extra 1k for the technology package which is just extra safety equipment. I assume the bulk off 22s coming out will have this package a very unfortunate extra expense. The days of the cheap pickup are ending fast

·
Registered
268 Posts
Back in February I paid $34k for a 2020 Pro4x. Today with 12k miles I sold the truck to Carmax for $34k. I bought a 2002 Maxima for $1500 to drive for a year or so and then buy the 2022 for about $35k. And then sell the Maxima for $1500. I think I'm coming out ok on the deals.

Math Hurts?

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 2011 SV 4x4 CC in 2011 was I think just over 28K MSRP. The calculator says that's $34K now. Above he tells me new MSRP is $40K? Sounds like the calculator needs a performance upgrade.
I bet 34K is about right or a 5ft bed and no options. The one my dealer is getting is a CC 4x4 with a 6 ft bed that is a msrp of 37K and with extra technology package and premium paint it went to almost 40K quick. My point on this thread was that the dealer is going to charge 3K over msrp.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Suffice to say, I can only attest to my dealer whose price will be $500 over sticker. Other dealers may employ the "pack"; stuff like undercoating, teflon sealant, pinstriping or other decals for the purpose of added profit. Still others will bump the price any amount they want without any reason such as the pack. They are all independent businesses. The core of the problem is lack of supply. The entire industry is grappling with low supply of chips. This shortage is due to the low prices the auto industry pays for these components. Consequently, they were the last considered for investment capital. People are fixing their vehicles now rather than buying new. Naturally, this creates pent-up demand. I don't think pricing for the new Frontier will get back to normal until middle of next year.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Let them choke on them for a while.
Ford Mavericks will be selling for low 20's.
Good luck finding any of the strippo Mavericks at dealerships, either.

Ford has already said that they will only build one if a customer orders it.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts