Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Frontier SV LWB 4x4
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Truck handled the Coachman 204RD better than expected. I've towed this trailer with four different trucks and the new Frontier towed it almost as well as my 2020 Tundra. Trailer weight in just over 5K with about 550lbs of tongue weight. I'm using an Equalizer hitch with built in sway control. Handling was very good.

The worst part and the only real complaint about towing with the new Frontier is the cruise control. If the speed drops down 2mph below the set speed the transmission will drop down two or three gears and scream it's way back up to the set speed.

Wheel Cloud Tire Sky Vehicle

Wheel Tire Sky Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Sky Wheel Cloud Tire Vehicle

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
That first pic distorts the scale of the trailer-to-truck...it appears YUUUGE. Looks like a lot of tail would be wagging the dog! Glad it worked!!

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
Truck handled the Coachman 204RD better than expected. I've towed this trailer with four different trucks and the new Frontier towed it almost as well as my 2020 Tundra. Trailer weight in just over 5K with about 550lbs of tongue weight. I'm using an Equalizer hitch with built in sway control. Handling was very good.

The worst part and the only real complaint about towing with the new Frontier is the cruise control. If the speed drops down 2mph below the set speed the transmission will drop down two or three gears and scream it's way back up to the set speed.

View attachment 352047

View attachment 352050

View attachment 352048

View attachment 352049
Can you give us a comparison of the towing between the gen 2 and 3.

·
Registered
2022 Frontier SV LWB 4x4
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you give us a comparison of the towing between the gen 2 and 3.
The 2013 I had pulled the trailer very well and it's the reason I went with a new 2022 Frontier rather than a full size truck. Both the truck's pull the trailer very well but the new truck pulls up hills and accelerates better which I attribute to the extra HP and 9 speed transmission.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok glad I'm not the only one that noticed the cruise control. I pull a 16' cargo trailer(5-6k as well) for work daily and the cruise control is almost worthless while towing unless I'm on relatively flat roads. Any time I hit an overpass on the highway it slams the pedal to the metal. Lol. So far that's my only complaint about the 2022 Pro-X.

I had a 14 before this and it also handled the trailer well. I definitely agree that the increase in HP and transmission make a huge difference. I will say the Pro-X was a huge step up from my old SV with the Bilstein suspension. It only drops the rear about an inch vs about 4-5 on the 14sv. Much smoother ride.

Wheel Tire Plant Land vehicle Car

1 - 8 of 8 Posts