Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased NEW 2022 Frontier only to find out I could drive it away due to NISSAN STOP SALE ON FRONTIERS AND TITANS. Been 2 weeks and I'm still waiting. Anyone got any insight on when the Stop sale will be lifted or what the problem is? Thanks

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
330 Posts
The problem is the parking pawl in the tranny. Nissan already has a fix and members are stating that trucks are getting fixed. As far as you picking up your truck, that depends on how quickly your dealer can get the part. Installation is pretty straight forward, nothing major.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem is the parking pawl in the tranny. Nissan already has a fix and members are stating that trucks are getting fixed. As far as you picking up your truck, that depends on how quickly your dealer can get the part. Installation is pretty straight forward, nothing major.
Thanks but this is a NEW ISSUE. They told me something with Transmission and they can't sell or test drive. The one I bought had Parking Pawl fixed. They tore up my contract and sent me packing until Nissan end the Stop Sale. Titans,Frontiers and Z's

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
330 Posts
The parking pawl is the only tranny recall. The Z uses the same 9 speed that the Titans and Frontiers use, and it's for the parking pawl. The Z forums have confirmed it. IDK what your dealer is talking about. If it's a new recall, then it would be public because it would hard to keep it under wrap.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's not a recall. It's a STOP SALE. Can't sell, or even test drive a Titan, Frontier or Z. They won't say what it is except it's a Quality Assurance Hold. Aug 29th was last update.

·
Registered
506 Posts
The “Stop Sale” was because of the faulty parking pawl. Most dealerships still don’t have parts for the fix, trucks on the lot can’t be sold with a “bad” tranny, thus stopping sales. My dealership told me they are getting their parts(pins) by next month.

I bet your truck didn’t have the fix and your dealership was lying to you. Wouldn’t be the first time a dealer lies to their customers.;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The “Stop Sale” was because of the faulty parking pawl. Most dealerships still don’t have parts for the fix, trucks on the lot can’t be sold with a “bad” tranny, thus stopping sales. My dealership told me they are getting their parts(pins) by next month.

I bet your truck didn’t have the fix and your dealership was lying to you. Wouldn’t be the first time a dealer lies to their customers.;)
I'm sorry but my Truck had that fixed. It's not the Parking pawl. Nissan keep problem hush hush. Very disturbing. Can't find any info and dealer no help.

·
Registered
2022 Frontier SV 4X4
452 Posts
Your issue seems Unique to your dealer. Members are joining every day with trucks they just bought, less than a week ago in many cases. If you've 'owned' yours for two weeks and still don't have possession, I'd suggest a trip up to the dealer for an explanation. As many members have said, it certainly seems like your dealer may not have fixed the parking pawl, despite the fact that they have told you they have. If the issue is something other than the parking pawl please update us, as it would be new information.

Reactions: GreyFox

·
Registered
506 Posts
Here is some more info to clarify.

Font Material property Screenshot Parallel Rectangle

Font Terrestrial plant Screenshot Parallel Number

It’s not a Top Secret event that created this stop sale. It’s the faulty parking pawl(pin).

Still sucks for the OP since he can’t get his truck, but I haven’t heard of anyone on this forum or anywhere else that they have experienced a roll away. Statements claim there has been 4 innocents with minor injuries, but that only makes up .03 of all the vehicles affected.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Your issue seems Unique to your dealer. Members are joining every day with trucks they just bought, less than a week ago in many cases. If you've 'owned' yours for two weeks and still don't have possession, I'd suggest a trip up to the dealer for an explanation. As many members have said, it certainly seems like your dealer may not have fixed the parking pawl, despite the fact that they have told you they have. If the issue is something other than the parking pawl please update us, as it would be new information.
They cancelled my sale and put truck on hold. Can’t even test drive. Went to another dealership and same result.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Guess my Nissan dealer is trying to get in trouble then. I test drove and bought it with 10 miles on the odometer last Friday night off the lot (Sept. 2nd). Not only that all the vehicles are parked on a hilly parking lot and when they unlocked the truck, no parking brake. Just started it up and drove it and parked it back in same location while doing paperwork.

We have checked the VIN when we got home and there are zero recalls for the VIN. Build date was August 8th.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
My truck I purchased had that fixed. Nissan calling the stop sale A QUALITY ASSURANCE HOLD not a recall.
How do you know that it was fixed? Until you see/post documentation of the fix, or talk to the mechanic who worked on that truck, you don't know and we don't know. A dealer counter rep isn't going to know jack. The MOST likely scenario is the parking pawl issue. Other than that, the only thing you can do is wait. And if the dealers in your area won't tell you what their quality assurance hold is than that's really really shady. I wouldn't buy from anyone without complete transparency.

·
Registered
2021 Frontier SV CC 4x4; 2018 Frontier SV KC 4x2
1,094 Posts
This is one silly *** thread. The OP asks a question, then argues with every single person that offers an answer. If he knows so much better than the rest of us, why ask the question?

·
Registered
2022 SV CC 4WD
43 Posts
When I bought mine a few weeks ago the dealer showed me "evidence" that they checked the VIN and it wasn't part of the parking pawl group. They had just received it, guess it was built after they fixed whatever. Anyway, there should be a number of newer Frontiers on lots that can be sold. If they aren't selling any Frontiers, maybe something else has popped up.

·
Registered
2007 Frontier CC
387 Posts
My truck I purchased had that fixed. Nissan calling the stop sale A QUALITY ASSURANCE HOLD not a recall.
If you want to prove your point, plug your VIN in here:

and it will show you if the recall has been cleared.

Otherwise, you stop sale is due to the parking pin recall.

1 - 20 of 202 Posts