Nissan Frontier Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Whelp dealer wanted to keep my truck and perform exploratory surgery on my dash. I politely declined and used foam tape between the vent and airbag. So far so good and can't see it at all.

I used to have to do that with my amg mercedes in about 20 locations. It works well. Just hard to pinpoint the source.

I'll give an update after I drive for a while if it permanently fixed it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Whelp dealer wanted to keep my truck and perform exploratory surgery on my dash. I politely declined and used foam tape between the vent and airbag. So far so good and can't see it at all.

I used to have to do that with my amg mercedes in about 20 locations. It works well. Just hard to pinpoint the source.

Prob because it’s a new truck and Nissan wants them to send the results back.

·
Registered
374 Posts

you mean you can't HEAR it at all ?? :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I took mine in today for rattle and also with a backup camera not working. Nissan called immediately said they are aware of the backup camera issue and that it is only with the prox models not reading the around view monitor and they are in the process of software update! The rattle they wanted video of it and said to replace vent and they are going to send a call tag for the old one hope this helps!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Missed this thread first time around...

Rattle is coming from the right front door plastic pieces.
Car Vehicle Speedometer Trip computer Gear shift

I pressing on them after hearing the rattling noise myself and could recreate them at that piece. I banged on it a few times with my hand and something clicked. No more rattling.

·
Registered
20 Posts
One of my rattles is driver airbag, whatever it mounts on is not stiff enough or something cause it vibrates a lot and makes a noise, has couple other rattles I can’t pinpoint yet and intermittent fuel gauge problem, took to dealer and they said gonna open a case with Nissan about the airbag and fuel gauge, said they don’t know what to do to fix it!! Well…..it’s not rocket science, test the float senor and gauge, whatever is bad, replace it!!! Just makes me shake my head and wonder if I made a mistake trading my Tacoma for this truck! Btw the Tacoma made zero interior noise and no rattles

·
Premium Member
2022 SV CC 4X4, Glacier White
829 Posts
One of my rattles is driver airbag, whatever it mounts on is not stiff enough or something cause it vibrates a lot and makes a noise, has couple other rattles I can’t pinpoint yet and intermittent fuel gauge problem, took to dealer and they said gonna open a case with Nissan about the airbag and fuel gauge, said they don’t know what to do to fix it!! Well…..it’s not rocket science, test the float senor and gauge, whatever is bad, replace it!!! Just makes me shake my head and wonder if I made a mistake trading my Tacoma for this truck! Btw the Tacoma made zero interior noise and no rattles
What's the fuel gauge doing?

·
Registered
20 Posts
What's the fuel gauge doing?
Sometimes when I fill up and start the truck back up, the gauge doesn’t go to full, it stays where it was before I filled it, takes about 10 minutes of driving for it to slowly work it’s way to the full mark and when it does this the distance to empty doesn’t reset either! Then other times it does what it’s supposed to do, start the truck it goes right to full and distance to empty resets and all is good! Weird problem for sure

·
Premium Member
2022 SV CC 4X4, Glacier White
829 Posts
Sometimes when I fill up and start the truck back up, the gauge doesn’t go to full, it stays where it was before I filled it, takes about 10 minutes of driving for it to slowly work it’s way to the full mark and when it does this the distance to empty doesn’t reset either! Then other times it does what it’s supposed to do, start the truck it goes right to full and distance to empty resets and all is good! Weird problem for sure
Sucks. Sorry you have this issue. Definitely not normal. Hopefully your dealer can get this squared away for you. It's good you opened up a case with corp.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts