Nissan Frontier Forum banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
I found the screw. Just opened the glove box and it was on the top left in plain sight. It was about half way out with only 200 miles on the truck... I tightened it up and saved the trip to the dealer. No more rattle!
That's awesome! Glad you sorted out the problem.

Beats taking the dash apart. Lucky you!

·
Registered
368 Posts
I've had a similar rattle noise with multiple Nissan models that sound like it's coming from the passenger side dash, searched all over for it. Every case it was the sunglass holder above the rear view mirror. Murano, rogue, frontier (D40 and D41).
Perhaps so in your case, but my rattle is in the dash next to the a/c vent closest to the window. I can hit on the dash, and it stops until I hit another rough patch in the road, then it starts again.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I found the screw. Just opened the glove box and it was on the top left in plain sight. It was about half way out with only 200 miles on the truck... I tightened it up and saved the trip to the dealer. No more rattle!
What area specifically? The loose screw could be seen in plain sight?

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering part
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering part

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
just thought Id give you guys another update. I developed another rattle this time it sounds like its coming from the drivers side somewhere dead center above the speedometer cluster. This time though, tech couldnt find it like last time and said its inside the dash and they are pulling it this time. Scheduled 2 weeks from now. This worries me and pisses me off at the same time. I hope they put it back together correctly and hope all my crap works incase I get into an accident. Wonder how difficult it actually is to pull the dash.

The other rattle I have is coming from inside the shifter compartment. If you guys look at my previous post I had to have my entire shifter assembly replaced. Apparently the tech broke a retainer clip when he took the broken shifter assembly out to put the new one in and when I took it back for the first time for the shifter rattle he thought he sorted it out,. If I go down a road at 25-35mph with lots of vibration, it hums like a bumble bee. So 2 rattles for me currently right now.

·
Registered
368 Posts
My rattle near the A/C vent is back! It appeared that tightening those screws in the glovebox helped a bit, but the rattle was in FULL force again. Its weird though. TO destination, would not stop rattling . . . . Coming home, didn't hear it once.
Seems like tire pressure sets if off. when tires are heated up doesn't tend to do it as much.
I just hit on the dash and it usually stops! LOL (for a while)

·
Registered
20 Posts
My rattle near the A/C vent is back! It appeared that tightening those screws in the glovebox helped a bit, but the rattle was in FULL force again. Its weird though. TO destination, would not stop rattling . . . . Coming home, didn't hear it once.
Seems like tire pressure sets if off. when tires are heated up doesn't tend to do it as much.
Mine has been quiet so far after tightening up the screws but I also only drive short commutes. I'm doing a road trip today so we will see if it comes back.

·
Registered
34 Posts
So Im positive I have a rattling noise coming from the right side of the dash. I haven't been able to pin point it. Ive taken everything out of the truck. Glove box is clear, middle storage is clear, nothing in the rear etc. Only happens when I hit bumps. It annoys the crap out of me, esp for spending so much money. Id love to tell the dealer about it, but If I cant even pin point it, they are just going to take it and tell me cant duplicate. Driving me CRAZY. Sounds like upper dash right passenger side. Ive pushed in panels to see if theres any creaking etc. Nothing.
I narrowed mine down to the pass side center vent it goes away when I put pressure on it

·
Registered
20 Posts
Did you get it fixed or are you living with it? Mine came back also, so I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow to investigate.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Did you get it fixed or are you living with it? Mine came back also, so I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow to investigate.
It comes and goes. Mine is where the arrow is. I isloated it one morning as I was backing out of the drive way.
Its the brittle plastic around the a/c vent. I pushed it in as much as I could. Sometimes I could hit on the dash near the arrow and it would stop for a while. Not as loud as it was, but its still there.

Ironically, tightening up the screws in the glovebox just needed done, it wasn't the source of the rattle.

Vehicle Car Satellite radio Radio Speedometer

·
Registered
34 Posts
It comes and goes. Mine is where the arrow is. I isloated it one morning as I was backing out of the drive way.
Its the brittle plastic around the a/c vent. I pushed it in as much as I could. Sometimes I could hit on the dash near the arrow and it would stop for a while. Not as loud as it was, but its still there.

Ironically, tightening up the screws in the glovebox just needed done, it wasn't the source of the rattle.

View attachment 339055
Mine is the exact same location sometimes I drive days and won’t Hear it and then all of a sudden it rattles all the way to work and back home.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Mine is the exact same location sometimes I drive days and won’t Hear it and then all of a sudden it rattles all the way to work and back home.
the squeak/rattle is highly unpredictable, and highly annoying when it happens.......

Reactions: arikdywayne
21 - 40 of 58 Posts