Nissan Frontier Forum banner
101 - 112 of 112 Posts
My thoughts exactly. When you factor in the discount I got - paid 26500 for a 32500 MSRP truck, I can't see the logic in trading up. I will test drive one to see what I think though. Interested in the ride and if the transmission is any smoother.

I have the 2021 Midnight edition. Yes, I love the new look of the frontier and I wish I would have waited. But I dont love it enough to pay 35-45k. I payed 29k for my midnight edition. Im also happy that I at least got the new 3.8 and 9spd. So I guess Im just missing out on the new look. Wish I had a different audio system. Complete trash that we dont get apple car play in a 2020-21 model. I also do not like the split running boards. Love single long running boards on the midnight edition.

So I’m at the dealer for the second time with my 2021 SV 4x4 for a noise related to the drive train and look what sitting in the lot
Almost makes me wish I had waited …
I use my trucks for work and usually trade them in at or around the hundred thousand mark so I’m a little ways off .
But I got to check one out close up and really like the updates .
beautiful. I sold my 2007 Le 4x4 last year at 207000 miles leased a Murano. Counting the months (23) before I can go buy a new Frontier.

LOL - "Marketing Assessment" which adds 5k to the MSRP? No thanks. I will test drive one to see if the ride is appreciably better than the D40 but won't be trading up unless the prices get back to reality. I can't understand how folks would not just wait a bit unless they absolutely have no choice but to buy right away. Prices will settle.
I guess modern younger people don’t have enough common sense to hold off on buying the “new and improved version” until the price drops.

Bob, social media tells us we must flaunt our most expensive possessions and extravagant vacations if we want to receive likes and praise from all the strangers.
Lol......in my youth we got our kicks from smoking pot and drinking Boonesfarm, these days kids get their kicks from Likes and followers on social media. I'm not sure which generation is more screwed up, mine or theirs, I guess it makes no difference in the end.

Lol......in my youth we got our kicks from smoking pot and drinking Boonesfarm, these days kids get their kicks from Likes and followers on social media. I'm not sure which generation is more screwed up, mine or theirs, I guess it makes no difference in the end.
This is true. I am active on social media but care not one whit about likes or followers. The younger crowd think I am crazy. But as you say, it does not make a difference.

I'm 30 so I'm sort of in the middle. I'm the only person I know my age who doesn't actively use social media. I've pretty much watched many of my peers rewire their brains to often not be able to distinguish that the things they see in a little black box aren't reality. Facebook's own algorithm rewards users who post "triggering" content. For me, I get bored out of my mind staring at crap like that for so long. There is a lot more research on this topic now.

I’m 63, you? I remember Boone’s Farm!

Clint

101 - 112 of 112 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.