Nissan Frontier Forum banner
21 - 40 of 112 Posts
There’s a resonating Noise when I accelerate ,but only when I accelerate …and typically when the vehicle is hot . It didn’t make the noise this morning so when I got to the dealership it didn’t do it . 2 1/2 hours later still no answer.
Could be the same noise I am hearing, especially since it’s only sometimes...

LOL - "Marketing Assessment" which adds 5k to the MSRP? No thanks. I will test drive one to see if the ride is appreciably better than the D40 but won't be trading up unless the prices get back to reality. I can't understand how folks would not just wait a bit unless they absolutely have no choice but to buy right away. Prices will settle.

I do like the new body style and the improved audio system - still irritates me off that Nissan cheaped out on the "upgrade" for the 2019 stereo that lacks Apple CarPlay - but unless something happens to my truck I'll stick with it. It doesn't look like they made any comfort improvement for the back seat passengers as the seat back still looks very vertical.
It is really easy to buy/install a nice AA/CP unit from Sony, Kenwood, Pioneer etc and get a much better sounding stereo for well under 1k (I replaced my head unit and all the speakers for around $700 bucks). Likely better than the new Fender version in the 22 as well. If the Fender is anything like the old RF it will just be tuning anyway. Likely not any significantly upgraded components. The nice feature is the 9" screen.

wait a second... what the heck is a pro-x? the looks of a pro4 but no actual abilities off road? like kia and their gt line versus their actual gt version? they told me people wanted to the look of a gt but not the performance or cost so they came up with the gt line

wait a second... what the heck is a pro-x? the looks of a pro4 but no actual abilities off road? like kia and their gt line versus their actual gt version? they told me people wanted to the look of a gt but not the performance or cost so they came up with the gt line
It’s the new Desert Runner, or Tacoma Prerunner, or Ranger FX2. It’s not a new concept. They’ve sold 2wd trucks with the “off-road” looks for years.

Reactions: busemans
It's the same as the Desert Runner was.
Edited to add: JVRaley beat me to it.

Holy sheep dip....45 grand for a 2wd PRO-X
Maybe in 2-4 years I will buy a "used" 2022 / 2023 / 2024 PRO-4X

Reactions: busemans
Trucks are scarce right now - and this is an all-new model, which makes it more desirable.

Someone with more money than brains will buy it, rather than waiting a few months.

Marketing assessment - that's funny. Do I get to add $5000.00 marketing assessment to my 2011 if I trade it in? I brought it do their dealer, which is all they did with the new one.

Its absolutely their right, and its supply and demand, so more power to them. When they don't like me calling them the stealer ship that's just too bad for them, if the shoe fits.

LOL - "Marketing Assessment" which adds 5k to the MSRP? No thanks. I will test drive one to see if the ride is appreciably better than the D40 but won't be trading up unless the prices get back to reality. I can't understand how folks would not just wait a bit unless they absolutely have no choice but to buy right away. Prices will settle.
That's crazy. As far as I can see only has the convenience package. 45K and it lacks the tech and the prem pack. So no leather, sunroof or most of the saftey features and NO fender audio system. My loaded 19 is definitely more truck then this and I only paid 35K. Literally 20K less. I really hope nobody pays that much. Its an evil practice. Not all dealers mark up this hard. I can see full MSRP or maybe 500 or 1000 more tops for a fully loaded P4X. But only if you want something in the first or second shipment. After that it better be MSRP or less.

BTW, don't assume anyone will pay 5K over list. That same truck will probably sell for thousands less. 5K addendum on a 2WD with only one option package installed is a FAR reach. These guys are in the clouds. After a many walking off the lot in disguist and voicing there disdain of the asking price this dealer will come back to earth pretty quick.

$45k for a 2wd mid-size pickup is just ludicrous.
Hopefully nobody is stupid enough to pay that much. I saw a loaded Ranger lariat back in 19 when they first came out. They wanted 46K plus 5K dealer addendum. I pretty much told them straight up that was an insult. Sales immediately offered to talk to managment to see if they could sell for MSRP. I told them its not worth MSRP to me. Bought my P4X loaded same day for 35K. Ranger was a better truck but not 10K or 15K better. Not even remotely so.

Oh, I’m sure they’ll sell em all. The real fun will begin in a couple or three years after this “chip shortage” BS is done & prices normalize again. People will be wanting to trade these trucks in that they grossly overpaid for & the negative equity will be enormous. The used market will rebound back to where it was, so these trucks they’re paying $5k over sticker won’t be worth anywhere remotely close to what trade-ins are now. Gonna be a lot of people burned by their own impatience. Not to mention the ones people will turn back in & flat *** walk away from because they just can’t afford a $700/mo payment. That whole thing about subprime lending & all. I mean, I’ve got good(ish) credit, but 1.9% APR w/ very little down good? Probably not.

Trucks are scarce right now - and this is an all-new model, which makes it more desirable.

Someone with more money than brains will buy it, rather than waiting a few months.
Don't know about that. Its a Pro-X 2WD Missing the tech package and the premium package. It's a pretty stripped truck for 45K. Yeah the person that spends money like it was monopoly money will probably go for a 4X4 if they are going to pay 5K over MSRP. At least I would hope no body would be dumb enough to pay that much for 2WD.

Dealerships will stay with those ridiculous prices if people keep buying the truck with such crazy mark up. Oh well I guess if people are impatient and have the money to splurge. Hey why not!
It won't last very long. I know toyota is getting crazy markups for tacomas and 4 runners but those have much heavier demand. I still doubt they'll get 5K over for a 2WD. Its just an addendum. Even my 19 P4X loaded had a 3K over MSRP market adjustment. Ended up getting it for 3K under MSRP. I know times have changed but this price is a far reach. Maybe if it had 4X4 somebody might take a bite at that price.

Oh, I’m sure they’ll sell em all. The real fun will begin in a couple or three years after this “chip shortage” BS is done & prices normalize again. People will be wanting to trade these trucks in that they grossly overpaid for & the negative equity will be enormous. The used market will rebound back to where it was, so these trucks they’re paying $5k over sticker won’t be worth anywhere remotely close to what trade-ins are now. Gonna be a lot of people burned by their own impatience. Not to mention the ones people will turn back in & flat *** walk away from because they just can’t afford a $700/mo payment. That whole thing about subprime lending & all. I mean, I’ve got good(ish) credit, but 1.9% APR w/ very little down good? Probably not.
They are all going to sell but I can assure you they won't all for for 5K over sticker. Especially this 2WD. You might get a few fools with pent up demand for these new frontiers that will pay foolish prices. But that normally blows over after a few shipments. Pretty sure these will get full MSRP for the next year or so. And even that is a bad value IMO.

If only they still offered a manual transmission, it would be added to the collection here.

Clint
Ten bucks says if you drove around in an automatic for a couple weeks you'd wonder why you like manuals so much. I used to be the same way, the exact same way. Now when I jump in one of my buddies trucks that for some reason has a manual, I'm like oh crud I have to do this again. Now two seaters that's a different story.

21 - 40 of 112 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.