Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m at the dealer for the second time with my 2021 SV 4x4 for a noise related to the drive train and look what sitting in the lot
Almost makes me wish I had waited …
I use my trucks for work and usually trade them in at or around the hundred thousand mark so I’m a little ways off .
But I got to check one out close up and really like the updates .

Attachments

·
Registered
Great truck
1,178 Posts
i like that color. i love green and my old frontier was dark green. i am a fan of that new body style too and wish i still had a vehicle that needs to be replaced so i could get myself to get one.

we all got new vehicles between july of last year and august of this year so i have no justification for trading anything in.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Yes, very tempting. I dig that color as well. Got some more years on mine before I'm due for a new one.

Reactions: 05Frontierpilot

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
i like that color. i love green and my old frontier was dark green. ...
Agreed -- it looks great. In the first year of the 2ndGen in 2005, the Frontier was offered in Canteen, which was also a nice green. I waited until '06 to buy and Canteen wasn't offered then or ever again. :(

• Sad
Reactions: busemans

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
I asked, that’s not happening
Interestingly, it appears than Toyota will continue to offer a 6-Speed Manual in several versions of the 2022 Tacoma. Unfortunate that Nissan gave up on it. (n)

·
Registered
262 Posts
I do like the new body style and the improved audio system - still irritates me off that Nissan cheaped out on the "upgrade" for the 2019 stereo that lacks Apple CarPlay - but unless something happens to my truck I'll stick with it. It doesn't look like they made any comfort improvement for the back seat passengers as the seat back still looks very vertical.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do like the new body style and the improved audio system - still irritates me off that Nissan cheaped out on the "upgrade" for the 2019 stereo that lacks Apple CarPlay - but unless something happens to my truck I'll stick with it. It doesn't look like they made any comfort improvement for the back seat passengers as the seat back still looks very vertical.
Yeah pretty much the same bench

·
Registered
247 Posts
It doesn't look like they made any comfort improvement for the back seat passengers as the seat back still looks very vertical.
I have looked at all the mid size trucks and there about the same, if anything my 2011 is better than most. I guess they just don't have enough real estate to do much else.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have looked at all the mid size trucks and there about the same, if anything my 2011 is better than most. I guess they just don't have enough real estate to do much else.
I'm sure the back seat isn't that comfortable on many mid-sized trucks, but I know I wouldn't want to spend very long in mine. If they moved the cushion forward an inch it would help the backrest angle a little - I haven't had a chance to look to see if it's a possibility yet. All of my family is short so an inch of lost legroom won't be an issue. :D

• Haha

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
40 Posts
Well related to my 2021 they can’t seem to replicate the noise so now I’m left with no answers!!!
What noise are you having? I have a 2020, and sometimes, especially in 1st or 2nd gear, there seems to be a faint rattle when on throttle.

·
Registered
2013 CC 4.0L 6MT
105 Posts
Interestingly, it appears than Toyota will continue to offer a 6-Speed Manual in several versions of the 2022 Tacoma. Unfortunate that Nissan gave up on it.
IIRC, Toyota dropped the manual in the first year or two of the latest generation before a bit of pressure got to them and they added it back to a few TRD trims. Maybe Nissan might do the same. Or maybe they will force a segment of their current populace to go in another direction when it comes time for their next new vehicle. I know the end is near -- EV motors have so much torque throughout a super wide RPM range that they hardly even have a transmission at all, much less a manual one.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
What noise are you having? I have a 2020, and sometimes, especially in 1st or 2nd gear, there seems to be a faint rattle when on throttle.
There’s a resonating Noise when I accelerate ,but only when I accelerate …and typically when the vehicle is hot . It didn’t make the noise this morning so when I got to the dealership it didn’t do it . 2 1/2 hours later still no answer.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm sure the back seat isn't that comfortable on many mid-sized trucks, but I know I wouldn't want to spend very long in mine. If they moved the cushion forward an inch it would help the backrest angle a little - I haven't had a chance to look to see if it's a possibility yet. All of my family is short so an inch of lost legroom won't be an issue. :D
The entire seat is cantilevered off the brackets in the floor so it can fold. A latch holds it to the back wall. THere is a fair bit of length to that latch on the back so it might be possible to move the brackets forward an inch or two somehow.

I wonder if there is enough space to just get a couple of more comfortable bucket seats and make them fit - if leg room isn't a giant issue.

White Product Organism Font Rectangle

·
Registered
2018 Frontier 2wd king cab
227 Posts
So I’m at the dealer for the second time with my 2021 SV 4x4 for a noise related to the drive train and look what sitting in the lot
Almost makes me wish I had waited …
I use my trucks for work and usually trade them in at or around the hundred thousand mark so I’m a little ways off .
But I got to check one out close up and really like the updates .
I wish my wife knew that she traded the last 3 in under 30,000. Thankyou for the picture's I hadn't seen the 2022 yet.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts