Nissan Frontier Forum banner

261 - 268 of 268 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ford Ecoboost 3.5 v6 makes 375 HP and 470 lb-ft ... that out performs the 5.0 V8.
I think Nissan should not look at titan vs. frontier as a bigger = more power. They should look at it for size... Titan owners may buy for big V8 but also the extra space. While Frontier owners may want more power, but smaller sized truck.

Nissan mentioned a while ago that they were putting the new V6 in the Titan as an option.... I wonder if that changed?

·
Registered
874 Posts
And here's me wanting a regular cab short bed 4wd with an I4 (A turbo diesel would be incredible), 6MT and rear locker. They could use the same platform for an "Xterra" with a removable top to compete with Jeep & Ford. Keep it simple and light weight. Also a good platform for a 2wd compact truck and commercial or camper van.

I hardly use the my VQ40DE to it's potential. The torque is nice, definitely don't need all that top end peak power.

·
Registered
61 Posts
2 more weeks?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Called a local dealer yesterday wanting to know when the 2021 Frontier will be in, they said 2nd quarter. We liked our 2013 Frontier and want one of the new 2021s. The 3.8L engine will be fine for us, too.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
And here's me wanting a regular cab short bed 4wd with an I4 (A turbo diesel would be incredible), 6MT and rear locker. They could use the same platform for an "Xterra" with a removable top to compete with Jeep & Ford. Keep it simple and light weight. Also a good platform for a 2wd compact truck and commercial or camper van.

I hardly use the my VQ40DE to it's potential. The torque is nice, definitely don't need all that top end peak power.
Yes - I'd love to see them pep up the I4 and return it in a year or two's time as a base engine. If they could get it up to say 190 hp/ 210 lbs ft it would be a really nice engine for some of us.

Reactions: woodtemple

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
There is a hope that an official picture and some data will be released by the end of this month, with the truck available come spring, e.g. 2nd quarter. So hearing this from another member makes me smile and makes me feel that it is true. While not in the market for a new Frontier myself, lots of people who have seen mine want to buy one but there are no new trucks available as all the 2019s are sold out and there is no such thing as a 2020 in Canada. And the local Toyota dealer, which is huge, never has more than 3 Tacos in stock and they sell within days of arrival. Why they don't stock more I don't know, but they have hundreds of RAV4s and Corollas. I do enjoy seeing all the old Tacos around here with their frame stickers and shiny new frames! Time I see a Taco in a parking lot I check it for the sticker. To Toyota's credit, they had a big problem but they worked hard to make it right.

·
Registered
32 Posts

I've thought the same. A new I4 w/ a 6MT... Could you imagine a Regular Cab with the CrewCab bed? That would be a fun stout little truck.

261 - 268 of 268 Posts