Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: exTacomaGuy

·
Registered
2017 SV CC LWB 4x4 auto
185 Posts
Rear sway bar, does that mean coil springs to come? The Navara has had that set up for a few years now.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Looks like it could have a GMC Canyon-like front end, but who knows. They may have put stuff under the wrap to create false lines. Looks like it also has the nearly-standard-now collision mitigation camera system on the windshield.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Based on those pics, I say ugh. It will probably look better without the camo. With what looks like smaller windows and non-sloping hood it may have about the same visibility from the cab as the Tacoma, which isn't great.

Reactions: PhilFrontier

·
Registered
156 Posts
Meh

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have to save verdict for when the wrap comes off, but first impression it looks pretty generic, not expressive like the Gen 2, or purposeful like Gen 1. We'll see.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Looks like it could have a GMC Canyon-like front end, but who knows. They may have put stuff under the wrap to create false lines. Looks like it also has the nearly-standard-now collision mitigation camera system on the windshield.
Thinking the same

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looks like it has some Nissan Titan inspired lines/details. Unfortunately, the Titan is not a handsome truck, but sized down those details might look quite good on the Frontier. Best to hold judgement to it's actually seen... However, the 'Me Too' big hood/grill is a disappointment..

·
Registered
2019 BMW M760i xDrive
35 Posts
The leaked render from Motor 1 pretty much nailed it. I think I MAY end up liking it when we see the real deal.
Absolutely inaccurate. It was a lazy guesstimate by a second-rate rag.

And to those who are complaining, vehicle is camouflaged and you will like what you're getting when you see it in full. I'm certain you've seen these photos before actually, because they're everywhere.

·
Registered
803 Posts
The junction between the front of the bed and rear of the cab look like a natural progression. I like what appears to be square fender flares.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4 6 speed
132 Posts
Kinda excited for the gen 3 however Im not gonna be really excited about it until Nissan declares that they have a new manual transmission for the new engine

·
Registered
494 Posts
Can’t wait to see it without the camo and in an off-road configuration. It’ll have to be pretty nice to keep me away from the new Bronco.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
if they put halogens in the new truck... someone needs to be fired or talked with......

Reactions: cuda383

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Looks like a high beltline and a square non-sloped hood. Good for causing parking accidents. The Nissan video clip suggests LED headlights.. The camo pics suggest old fashioned headlights. The camo pics suggest a delicate frame like on the GM mid-sized twins rather than a real sturdy frame like on the 2nd gen Frontier.

What attracted me to my Frontier was its sloping hood, low beltline, window sill perfectly set to rest my arm, rounded fenders. A nice truck for the City. Based on these photos, looks like a Taco wannabee.

If I win the lottery I'll get a 2019 4 litre leftover. Barring that I'll just keep babying my low kms rust free 2.5 litre S with Value package.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Looks F-150 ish to me in side profile. Need to see the front end better though. I knew the Motor 1 rendering was a shot in the dark and not an accurate one.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Looks F-150 ish to me in side profile. Need to see the front end better though. I knew the Motor 1 rendering was a shot in the dark and not an accurate one.
Yea, the driver’s door window line screams Ford.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts