Nissan Frontier Forum banner
61 - 80 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Frontier SV CC 4x2 Midnight Edition
407 Posts
Pretty much the same story for all the manufacturers of these new 9 and 10 speed auto transmissions, GM, Ford, Nissan and the others. I don't think I'd purchase anything with more than 6 speeds until all these companies can get all these gremlins worked out. They all are having hundreds of millions of dollars in warranty claims, constant Tsb's and SB's on brand new vehicles.
Heck- I had issues with the 6-sp auto in my '16 RDX and the current 6-sp in the Taco isn't loved either.

·
Registered
2021 frontier v6 crew cab 3.8 l
23 Posts
well maybe i trade my new for a used with six speed.maybe i just should have kept my 2015.so is the 2020 the first trtucks with this computerised transmission control.the 2019 did not have it?

·
Registered
2022 S King Cab
181 Posts
Mine is clunky on downshifts. Up shifts seem fine. At any rate, if you don't like it do what I did and sell it to Carvana. They paid me 4K more than I paid for it including taxes. Crazy. They will come and pick it up at your house and hand you a check. Mine is scheduled to be picked up on 12-6. The Carvana offer is great to have as a negotiating tool if you want to trade it in, too.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Mine is clunky on downshifts. Up shifts seem fine. At any rate, if you don't like it do what I did and sell it to Carvana. They paid me 4K more than I paid for it including taxes. Crazy. They will come and pick it up at your house and hand you a check. Mine is scheduled to be picked up on 12-6. The Carvana offer is great to have as a negotiating tool if you want to trade it in, too.
So you are getting rid of yours? What are you replacing it with? BTW- just ran mine through Carvana - $34,563. Absolutely ridiculous. I paid 26,500 before TTL a little over a year ago.

·
Registered
2022 S King Cab
181 Posts
So you are getting rid of yours? What are you replacing it with? BTW- just ran mine through Carvana - $34,563. Absolutely ridiculous. I paid 26,500 before TTL a little over a year ago.
I tried to buy a 21 SV but the dealers are digging their heels in on MSRP+ fees, etc. even on trucks they have had on the lot for 6+ mo. I'll probably trade it on a Ranger since Ford has rebates and the dealers are willing to discount a bit. My offer was 34,257.00 so basically the same as yours. I paid 30K out the door 6 mo ago. It is crazy. The Ford dealer will only give me 31K trade but we aren't done negotiating. Unless you buy from Carvana, you pay 2K in taxes and the dealers know that, lol. You can overpay on a car from Carvana by 2K and come out even if they have something you want. They just don't have anything I want... I also am looking at some cheap beater trucks to drive until the craziness subsides next year. I have a F150 Lightning reserved when they come out... Not really sure what I want to do.

·
Premium Member
2022 SV CC 4X4, Glacier White
811 Posts
I tried to buy a 21 SV but the dealers are digging their heels in on MSRP+ fees, etc. even on trucks they have had on the lot for 6+ mo. I'll probably trade it on a Ranger since Ford has rebates and the dealers are willing to discount a bit. My offer was 34,257.00 so basically the same as yours. I paid 30K out the door 6 mo ago. It is crazy. The Ford dealer will only give me 31K trade but we aren't done negotiating. Unless you buy from Carvana, you pay 2K in taxes and the dealers know that, lol. You can overpay on a car from Carvana by 2K and come out even if they have something you want. They just don't have anything I want... I also am looking at some cheap beater trucks to drive until the craziness subsides next year. I have a F150 Lightning reserved when they come out... Not really sure what I want to do.
It's not easy deciding what direction you want to go to. My my dealer recently got in two CPO 21 White Pro4x's. Both were gone in two days. Have no clue what they sold for. The dealer sells the new Pro4x's the same day if and when they get them. There is a new Ranger coming out and will have decent specs. A new diesel too, but if I truly needed a diesel I'd go with a big 3. The Ranger has crazy rake. My grandson calls it a stink bug....
BTW...my 22 transmission shifts perfectly. 1180 miles now.

·
Registered
2022 S King Cab
181 Posts
It's not easy deciding what direction you want to go to. My my dealer recently got in two CPO 21 White Pro4x's. Both were gone in two days. Have no clue what they sold for. The dealer sells the new Pro4x's the same day if and when they get them. There is a new Ranger coming out and will have decent specs. A new diesel too, but if I truly needed a diesel I'd go with a big 3. The Ranger has crazy rake. My grandson calls it a stink bug....
BTW...my 22 transmission shifts perfectly. 1180 miles now.
Yeah, the Rangers are not great looking trucks but they sell a lot of them. They outsell everything except the Tacoma. The Ford dealer said the new Ranger won't be out before 23 so not a big deal for the value of the current ones, for a while at least. I'm not looking at 4wd stuff, just a basic truck for daily use that I can haul bikes in. I'm pretty surprised that the 2 dealers I talked to with leftover 21 SV's were so adamant on msrp with 10-15 new 22's on their lots. But I think the dealers have gotten used to dictating terms now and think everyone will just buy at any price. Not me. Anyways, I reset my Carvana pickup date to Dec 6 so I have time to find what I want. They basically give you a whole month before their offer expires. I do need to see what Vroom would offer...

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Yeah, the Rangers are not great looking trucks but they sell a lot of them. They outsell everything except the Tacoma. The Ford dealer said the new Ranger won't be out before 23 so not a big deal for the value of the current ones, for a while at least. I'm not looking at 4wd stuff, just a basic truck for daily use that I can haul bikes in. I'm pretty surprised that the 2 dealers I talked to with leftover 21 SV's were so adamant on msrp with 10-15 new 22's on their lots. But I think the dealers have gotten used to dictating terms now and think everyone will just buy at any price. Not me. Anyways, I reset my Carvana pickup date to Dec 6 so I have time to find what I want. They basically give you a whole month before their offer expires. I do need to see what Vroom would offer...
My birthday is December 6 so you should be just fine!

·
Registered
407 Posts
I tried both Carvana and Vroom. Carvana was 34500 and Vroom was 29500. Crazy difference.

·
Registered
2022 S King Cab
181 Posts
Yep, same here... I've tried to make a deal with several dealers on a 22 SV KC and don't think it will happen. They all want MSRP+ and nowhere near Carvana's money on trade. Yet they have 15-20 on the lot and aren't really selling anything except the Pro4X's. A Ranger is really the best deal out there now. Ford has 1000 rebate and the dealers are actually dealing (a little).

·
Registered
23 Posts
could not make my appointment.have to reschedule.got an email from the dealer wanting to buy back my truck.anyone has any insight into this buy back program

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
could not make my appointment.have to reschedule.got an email from the dealer wanting to buy back my truck.anyone has any insight into this buy back program
I took advantage of that program. It wasn't just buy back for a newer Frontier. I was already thinking of downsizing so I traded in my 14 Tundra. I bought my Tundra from the same dealer two+ years ago. They needed good used trucks and my 14 was. Gave me $1200 more than what they sold it to me for! Got me into this new 22 Frontier. (y)
BTW.....the dealer was selling 21 CPO Frontiers fast! That's why they want yours.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Doubt they will be anywhere close to Carvana...
Nissan dealer gave me more than what Carvana and KBB offered. My local Yota dealer gave me a decent offer towards a new Taco. I wasn't interested. They had one new 21 Tundra Double Cab that they just got in. But that wasn't going to happen either. Used truck pricing is regional according to local inventory. My 14 Tundra Limited DC had almost 126K miles and got $26.2K for trade in!

·
Registered
23 Posts
in stop and go traffic the computer is clueless i think.Dont think this is something can can b fixed with an upgrade.this was a totally bad idea.

·
Registered
2022 S King Cab
181 Posts
in stop and go traffic the computer is clueless i think.Dont think this is something can can b fixed with an upgrade.this was a totally bad idea.
When I talked to the field service engineer, he told me that there will be more updates to the software as they get more field data in. It just takes a while... But I feel your pain. My truck is prettty bad in slow traffic or at 4 way stops, etc.

61 - 80 of 114 Posts