Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 sv 4.0 V6 with 14K on the clock. I recently popped my hood and discovered this. Off to the left hand side the black cable looks backed off quite a bit from the yellow marking and a piece of that hard rubber has started to chip off. Mind you I bought this truck when it was brand new. Is this normal? Anyone else notice this on their braking system?

·
Registered
217 Posts
I can't see anything out of the ordinary in your picture. If you're referring to the black coated hard-line going to the ABS module, the black coating is just cosmetic.

A flared hard-line can't simply back out of its fitting and if the fitting were loose, you'd see a lot of brake fluid in your engine bay.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
No sign of brake fluid, you are good to go!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
100% correct. Those 2 lines go in at the same time, but when putting it together only 1 nut can be tightened at a time. The nut at the bottom of the picture goes first, the one on the top is second. It slides up the tube until its turn to be tightened. The plastic coating is just an abrasion/corrosion covering. You can see the line is painted under it.

Everything is fine. Next time get the heavy duty tin foil and make sure it fits tight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts