Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a new Kenwood Excelon radio in my SV last night. For anybody wanting to do this in the future, the Spiral audio wiring harness works great and has all the pins needed for the SWC's. All I had to do was splice the new radio harness to this Spiral harness. All the steering wheel control buttons worked the first time with no programming required. Also I bought the USB retention harness and the antenna wiring, it all worked. Only thing I see changed the the harness that has the backup camera wires, its now a 40 pin and not the previous 32 pin. I am in touch with Spiral to see if they have a fix for this. The backup camera is the only thing not working. I am also trying to find the VSS wire for hookup (not sure if it has changed on the 19's), but don't have any wiring prints. If someone could assist on this that would be great! Below is the link for the SWC harness.

·
Premium Member
5,678 Posts
That makes sense since it looks like it just has its own version of the SWC circuit built in... which explains why you paid $55 for this harness (instead of the typical $13 20-pin + $40 Axxess ASWC which amounts to the same thing).

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That makes sense since it looks like it just has its own version of the SWC circuit built in... which explains why you paid $55 for this harness (instead of the typical $13 20-pin + $40 Axxess ASWC which amounts to the same thing).
It was pretty much as easy as hooking up radios back in the day, before cameras and all the other stuff that is in cars now days! Now to figure out this damn back up cam.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AX-NIS32SWC
I got this harness below, but the 2019's no longer have the 32 pin connector. Its now a 40 pin with more wires than the 32 pin. I could spice them in, but don't have any wiring prints for the new connector.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Does this harness let you keep the function of your factory BT mic in the ceiling, or did you still have to use the one that came with your new radio?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does this harness let you keep the function of your factory BT mic in the ceiling, or did you still have to use the one that came with your new radio?
You still have to use the one supplied with your new radio.

·
Registered
15 Posts
A question about the Spiral harness. I'm putting mine together and:
1) The thick ground wire that came with was completely loose and unattached from the connector. It's not pinned in at all and just ends in the metal loop. Does that sound right? I ended up combining it with the main black ground coming out of the head unit harness and now have just one big one.
2) The SWC unit has a black ground coming out of both sides.The one on top I tied in with the main ground wire, but how about the one on the other side? It's ending in a red butt connector with nowhere to go. Do I attach that one to the main ground as well, making a loop?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes I believe you just tie them together and make a common ground.

I cant remember 100% but there is 1 or 2 wires that needs to be connected to the harness for the SWC's. The SWC directions I had were decent and don't remember having any trouble. I can see if I can find my directions and reread them to help. I called Spiral about another question and they were pretty helpful.

·
Premium Member
5,678 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,678 Posts
ASWC-1 can work even without this bypass module.
It can "work" if you only want half of the steering wheel buttons to work.
Obviously the whole point of the Bluetooth bypass is to get ALL of steering wheel buttons working (including the Bluetooth buttons) with the ASWC-1.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It can "work" if you only want half of the steering wheel buttons to work.
Obviously the whole point of the Bluetooth bypass is to get ALL of steering wheel buttons working (including the Bluetooth buttons) with the ASWC-1.
Hmm... That sounds interesting :) The only button that doesn't work in my install is "Accept the call / Initiate the call" button (left one). Do you want to say that with the Bluetooth bypass module even that button will work with an aftermarket stereo? (e.g. to activate "Hey Siri" for CarPlay)

·
Premium Member
5,678 Posts
Hmm... That sounds interesting :) The only button that doesn't work in my install is "Accept the call / Initiate the call" button (left one). Do you want to say that with the Bluetooth bypass module even that button will work with an aftermarket stereo? (e.g. to activate "Hey Siri" for CarPlay)
Do I want to say what? reword your question.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have the PAC SWI-CP2 adapter now but never wired it up. If i get this spiral harness its a plug n play affair to keep the steering wheel controls?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have the PAC SWI-CP2 adapter now but never wired it up. If i get this spiral harness its a plug n play affair to keep the steering wheel controls?
Plug in play yes for the controls, but you still have to wire the harness to your aftermarket radio harness.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Any one figures out how to retain back up cam on the 2019s let me know! Thanks!
There is another thread that has all the info with the new 40 pin harness diagram.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts