Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so today my 2019 Pro 4x did something funny and not sure if I should worry about it. I was in 4 low with rear locker engaged but when I went to turn it off and put back into 2hi, the truck started beeping I would not go into gear. If I went to park, I would hear a grinding noise. Reverse or any of the forward gears did nothing and truck would not move. Anyone encounter this? Should I be worred?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Did it straighten itself out finally? What surface were you on? If it drives normally and the transfer case warning light is off you're probably fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far seems ok but it was just weird to me that it seemed to go in complete neutral when this truck doesn't have it. Even the 4wd diagram with the wheels was completely off as well

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was just a little worried because for a few minutes, I couldn't get the truck to do anything and when I put it in park, that grinding noise was no bueno

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yep. The Truck needs to be in Neutral to shift into and out of 4lo.

There are also some noises when disengaging, but there shouldn't be a grinding noise or alarm bells.

Please take a look at your owners manual.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Like mentioned, gotta be in neutral to go in and out of 4Lo. Only noises you should hear is the actuator on the t-case, and thats not a grinding sound. It's a sound you'd expect something like that to make. Then going into 2wd you can hear the actuator on the diff. Same noise. Not a grinding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts