Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a newer used 2019 Crew cab v6. Gas mileage is terrible. Any suggestions on what to do to increase it.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I bought a newer used 2019 Crew cab v6. Gas mileage is terrible. Any suggestions on what to do to increase it.
Buy a Toyota Prius.

In all seriousness though, anyone who says they get decent mileage out of these decades old engines is either a liarz or lives somewhere that only goes down hill.

I've had two the the second gen frontiers and the gas mileage has always been pure ****. Once the winter gas blend hits the pumps I'm lucky to get 21L/100km. Ideal highway with no wind I max out at around 14L/100km.

These trucks are pigs.

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
What kind of driving do you do? I’m able to hold 19 mpg with 60/40 highway to city driving. Did you do any mods right after you got it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
4x4 or 2x4? A 4x4's gearing results in a reduction in fuel economy.

Reactions: ssundet

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What kind of driving do you do? I’m able to hold 19 mpg with 60/40 highway to city driving. Did you do any mods right after you got it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Normal around town at 35-50 mph. The truck has 12k on it. No mods at all.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Nope gas mileage sucks. If you don’t modify the vehicle at all and drive with a perfect foot you may get 18-20, but almost all of us get more around 14-16.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I'm with the consensus here. I don't track mileage, but I calculate it after each fill-up. I rarely see more than 16.5mpg unless it's a jaunt on the Interstate at 65mph or less. Then I might see 18.

But on the flip side, the entry cost was low (a good $10,000 less than a comparable V6 full-size). $10k buys a lot of gas. Also, the reliability is up there. The engine has basically been unchanged since 2005. I'd be more than pleased with a higher fuel bill if all I have to do are maintenance items and not repairs.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Support your local oil company retiree and burn more gas please!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I now have a 2019 4x4 crew i’m Getting 17.plus in the city. The old truck frontier was 2012 king 2wd it got 19. plus city (4cyl auto) . All I know is I feel pretty good about it, as coming from an old dodge Dakota that got 11 all the time

·
Registered
35 Posts
On my 2019 I got about 21mpg on a 300 mile highway trip. I have a k&n intake, throttlebody mod. Synthetic oil. 10ply tires at 45psi, going 70mph. I was loaded down lol. Also I have 2.5 lift on the front and aal on the back. I was almost dragging the hitch when I had everything loaded

·
Registered
237 Posts
6k on my 2019 4x4kc. 21-22mpg highway, loaded, 64-72mph.
Don’t do much city butrunning around town gets 17-18.
Previously had a Xterra Off Road. Wife since retired drove it 1 mile to work. 12-14mpg, 19-20 highway, truck get 10% higher

·
Registered
212 Posts
I drive two miles a day, city streets, and I get 14-15mpg's. If I mix in slightly longer trips on a tank I'll approach 16-17mpg. On a flat interstate best I've gotten is 21.5mpg. I don't mind the mileage so much (since where else can you get a great looking four door crew cab 4x4 pickup with a torquey V6, heated seats, dual climate control, parking sensors and bed rail system for $28k out the door?), but I do wish the gas tank was at least 30-40% larger.

Reactions: Gdubz

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Crew Cab
19 Posts
I get 14l/100km average. Lots of city/residential driving with jaunts up and down the highway, hilly though.

It gets about the same as my 2018 Silverado 1500 with the 5.3l did.

·
Registered
2011 Nissan Frontier SV
16 Posts
Buy a Toyota Prius.

In all seriousness though, anyone who says they get decent mileage out of these decades old engines is either a liarz or lives somewhere that only goes down hill.

I've had two the the second gen frontiers and the gas mileage has always been pure ****. Once the winter gas blend hits the pumps I'm lucky to get 21L/100km. Ideal highway with no wind I max out at around 14L/100km.

These trucks are pigs.

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk
I get crazy good gas mileage in mine, 200miles to the tank and I’m mostly taking off at lights then slowing down to the speed limit 😂

·
Premium Member
6,065 Posts
Drive it, enjoy it. Quit tracking your MPGs if it's some kind of a mental hurdle. This is as easy as never filling it up...just put in $20+ worth when needed.

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
2,565 Posts
My old 06 Tundra DC w/ 4.7L V8 got more MPG than my current 1st Gen 04 w/ 4 cyl.
But I also have a heavy foot and am always running late.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts