Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I am trying to find the 4 needed wires to connect the Scosche CRTNN02 camera harness. It came with a 32 pin connector (which doesn't fit my 2019 Desert Runner). I have a 40 pin connector which came off the factory stereo (Not Rockford Fosgate). It is currently not being used at all. I also have the 20 pin connector which is being used for stereo, speakers, steering wheel controls, etc.. All of that works fine. However, I can't find the 12v reverse camera wire, the 6v camera wire or the video positive and negative wires, Anyone know where those wires are on the 2019 Frontier? Not sure if they are now in the 40 pin connector or if they are part of the 20 pin connector. I see only 2 wires that aren't currently being used, on the 20 pin connector. I am attaching an image of the 40 pin connector. I literally have torn the internet apart looking for anything on this 40 pin connector and can't find any info on what it does or what any of the wires are for. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Jason

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I found the part that would connect to the 40 pin in the car 1376113-2 Te connectivity. The problem is that i would have to solder all the wires on and I'm looking for an easier solution.

·
Registered
101 Posts
1376113-2 Te connectivity.
I am still waiting on the new 40 pin connector wiring diagram. There is a lot more wires on the new connector vs the old 32 pin one. Looks like you might be able to match the wire color codes with the 2016+ radio guide thread, but its a gamble

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am still waiting on the new 40 pin connector wiring diagram. There is a lot more wires on the new connector vs the old 32 pin one. Looks like you might be able to match the wire color codes with the 2016+ radio guide thread, but its a gamble
Well I will be pulling out the multimeter to see if I can figure this out. Question: which steering wheel adapter did you use? I installed the Control Pro PAC SWI-CP2 and I can't get siri hands free to work. all other buttons are working fine except the voice command and the hang up one.

·
Registered
101 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
There is no 40 pin connector. That harness I used was for the steering wheel controls and the radio harness. The 40 pin is still a mystery. I am running with no back up cam at the moment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is no 40 pin connector. That harness I used was for the steering wheel controls and the radio harness. The 40 pin is still a mystery. I am running with no back up cam at the moment.
If i remembered correctly the '19 comes with new HU
I am looking to retrofit the new Carplay/Android Auto HU to my '15 NV200.

For additional wire are they connected to ECU? I've been told all Android Auto compatible head units require diagnostics data between the HU and vehicle itself.

Ref: https://www.androidauthority.com/android-auto-vehicle-diagnostics-hidden-sensor-support-629201/

·
Registered
101 Posts
If i remembered correctly the '19 comes with new HU
I am looking to retrofit the new Carplay/Android Auto HU to my '15 NV200.

For additional wire are they connected to ECU? I've been told all Android Auto compatible head units require diagnostics data between the HU and vehicle itself.

Ref: https://www.androidauthority.com/android-auto-vehicle-diagnostics-hidden-sensor-support-629201/
The 19’s aren’t CarPlay or android auto capable. That’s the reason I changed my head unit and for the better sound!

·
Registered
5 Posts
The 19’s aren’t CarPlay or android auto capable. That’s the reason I changed my head unit and for the better sound!
what? aint 19 looks like this

If yes you can get a HU from '19 sentra or versa for CarPlay/Android Auto. Based on yours words the plugs should be a direct plug-and-play but Sirius XM

·
Registered
101 Posts
what? aint 19 looks like this

If yes you can get a HU from '19 sentra or versa for CarPlay/Android Auto. Based on yours words the plugs should be a direct plug-and-play but Sirius XM
thats what it looks like. but I guess the software isn't there for it on the frontier.

·
Registered
5 Posts
For cellphone function, getting a donor but you might need a new USB module from '19+ sentra/Versa

yet definitely get aftermarket HU for better sound quality.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi All, I am trying to find the 4 needed wires to connect the Scosche CRTNN02 camera harness. It came with a 32 pin connector (which doesn't fit my 2019 Desert Runner). I have a 40 pin connector which came off the factory stereo (Not Rockford Fosgate). It is currently not being used at all. I also have the 20 pin connector which is being used for stereo, speakers, steering wheel controls, etc.. All of that works fine. However, I can't find the 12v reverse camera wire, the 6v camera wire or the video positive and negative wires, Anyone know where those wires are on the 2019 Frontier? Not sure if they are now in the 40 pin connector or if they are part of the 20 pin connector. I see only 2 wires that aren't currently being used, on the 20 pin connector. I am attaching an image of the 40 pin connector. I literally have torn the internet apart looking for anything on this 40 pin connector and can't find any info on what it does or what any of the wires are for. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Jason
SOLVED!!! I first found the wire that gives 12V to the head unit when the vehicle is in reverse. I found out that the color was the same as the 2018 (Light Blue). With that I guessed that the 6V supply to the camera would be the same color as the 2018 (Green/Yellow) which it was. The tricky part was the signal wires... instead of being next to each other they are diagonally from each other. The Black signal cable from the camera is to the right of the Green/Yellow wire and the Ground is right under the Green/Yellow wire. I can't find a 40 position plug so I carefully removed the wires from the Axxess AX-NIS32SWC-6V harness and taped everything up.

·
Registered
101 Posts
SOLVED!!! I first found the wire that gives 12V to the head unit when the vehicle is in reverse. I found out that the color was the same as the 2018 (Light Blue). With that I guessed that the 6V supply to the camera would be the same color as the 2018 (Green/Yellow) which it was. The tricky part was the signal wires... instead of being next to each other they are diagonally from each other. The Black signal cable from the camera is to the right of the Green/Yellow wire and the Ground is right under the Green/Yellow wire. I can't find a 40 position plug so I carefully removed the wires from the Axxess AX-NIS32SWC-6V harness and taped everything up. View attachment 311461 View attachment 311462
Awesome! Will be doing mine shortly!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was able to get a complete pin layout for the 40 pin connector in case anyone may need it. Happy to share via email.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I was able to get a complete pin layout for the 40 pin connector in case anyone may need it. Happy to share via email.
You mind posting it here for everyone? I know I am looking for it and a few others as well.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts