Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,155 Posts
Try some 303 protectant. It won't completely remove those marks, because that's damage to the textured surface of the door panels, but it will reduce their visibility.
Unfortunately, once the door panels get marks like that, they are generally permanent because it's actually damage to the surface, not just some "scuff"

·
Registered
2020 Frontier SV CC 4x2 Midnight Edition
568 Posts
I am super careful with my vehicles and they look new years after I purchase them. The door panels on the D40 are extremely delicate and show everything. Mine are not like the one pictured above, but there are some marks which I don't like to see. I have posited the same question as the OP myself. I thought about a magic eraser, but figured that would might make it worse so have not tried it.

·
Premium Member
8,155 Posts
I am super careful with my vehicles and they look new years after I purchase them. The door panels on the D40 are extremely delicate and show everything. Mine are not like the one pictured above, but there are some marks which I don't like to see. I have posited the same question as the OP myself. I thought about a magic eraser, but figured that would might make it worse so have not tried it.
Same, but things happen. My door panels are pretty clean, what does get these random abrasion marks is the front panel of my lower glove box. I've tried a few chemicals over the years but 303 has worked the best for me, it lasts longer than detail spray and doesn't make the panel greasy like other vinyl/leather/rubber sprays. Magic eraser doesn't do much either (I've tried it).

The marks are actually abrasions in the plastic itself - our door panels are made with some softer plastic, so anything harder than the door panel (shoe lace ends, zippers, etc.) easily gouges into the surface. Bad decision on Nissan's part, but it is what it is. The door panel material gets lighter when it gets scratched/scuffed/gouged, applying something like plastic trim spray darkens the color of the affected areas just enough to blend in with the untouched areas.

·
Registered
701 Posts
A mild use of a heat gun and a little pressure from a plastic tool could "mold" the surface enough to make it not as noticeable. Plenty of YT and IG videos out there on how to warm the panel enough not to melt it and use "texture blocks" to mimic the texture patterns. If you are not familiar with this process, I would strongly recommend a body shop that has access/knowledge of this restoration process. Otherwise 303 IS the best topical solution to keep it less noticeable. Agree with raine, cheap plastic that scratches easy. Unfortunately, more manufactures are using this stuff more and more :mad:

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
A dark gray Sharpie works well for small scratches. Cleans off with alcohol if you don’t like the results.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Frontier SV Midnight Edition
2 Posts
You can use a magic eraser on the door panels and hard plastic parts since it’s basically a very very fine grain sander, I just don’t recommend using it very often. Maybe once a year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts