Nissan Frontier Forum banner

2018 SV Bluetooth Not Working?

48K views 26 replies 18 participants last post by  Gr@dy711 
#1 ·
I got in the truck tonight to run an errand and noticed my phone wasn't connected to the Bluetooth. I hit the Bluetooth button and it said something along the lines of "Bluetooth system not ready yet". I also tried going to the Bluetooth setting on the screen and it just said "please wait..." for several minutes and I just gave up.

I did install a new battery this past weekend but I've used the Bluetooth several times since then including earlier today.

What gives?

#2 ·
Had this happen to me ( 2016 sv) - I shut the car down -restarted - and it was fine. One time disconnected my battery and had the same issue- Again shut it down restarted and fine. I called dealer and they blamed the cell phone service provider not the truck. Have not had an issue since so who knows.

#5 ·
You can also reset the radio which might help. Simple process, with the radio turned off, hold the 1 button and turn the volume button to the right about 30 times, it will pop up a menu that will allow you to do a factory reset, should fix the issue.

#23 ·
Careful here if you are getting the "Please wait" and a non responsive Bluetooth buttons on the steering wheel. I attempted to factory reset using above process and now the Bluetooth options in the menu have completely disappeared! Its as if it did not recognize Bluetooth upon reset and just omitted all mentions of it in the menu. I wonder if this could be fuse related? or possibly a connection came loos inside? Or my car is just 7 years old and the Bluetooth died from age?

#7 ·
Both my 2015 and 2018 have done this.. Not a lot. Maybe once every month or so on my 2015 and only once so far on my 2018 Which I have owned for 6 months.

I have a iPhone X with my 2018 and I had a iPhone 7 plus on my 2015

#9 ·
I would do a FULL Factory reset on it, then make sure to add your phone in the system. You can add up to 5 phones. I have a 2018 and never had this happen.

#12 ·
My Phone works fine but my Pandora doesnt ( I have a thread going) How do you do a Factory Reset?

Is that the push 1 and turn the dial as Gabriel mentions above. Wonder if that would work ??

#11 ·
I have a 2018 (got it in October). At first it did it a handful of times randomly. The last week or so, it seems to do it every other time I start the truck. Just like others have stated, it will connect the next time I start my truck.

Resetting the radio seems pretty drastic unless it's going to fix the issue for good. I'm not going to use that solution just to get it to connect whenever it doesn't. Unfortunately, nobody has responded saying that resetting the radio does fix the issue.

#13 ·
The factory reset option is in the menu, settings.........

#14 ·
Finally. I can now post the fix for android phones and Bluetooth dropping on the Nissan radios. Not sure if it will work for iOS but may.

You have to clear the cache from your Bluetooth on your phone. When I did this my connection has not dropped even once and everything works just fine now between my phone and radio.

Go to settings on your phone
Then APPs. You must turn on view all apps or system apps in order to find Bluetooth.
Then find and click on Bluetooth
Then click on storage
Then on clear cache.

You may want to set up a new clean connection to the radio. It's been a month since I did it and can't remember if I did or not. Hope this helps some of you out there.

#15 ·
It sounds like you were experiencing a different issue.

My trucks Bluetooth just says "hands free phone system not ready yet" about 50% of the time.

I have noticed as the weather has been getting warmer it's been better but still not perfect. Kinda frustrating.

#20 ·
okay so i had set my coffee on dash and ran into store and my dog knocked it down...it ran past the radio on the drivers side...it was a full cup...so next thing the blue tooth isn't working no connection to listen to music or calls but radio works everything works but blue tooth...on my nissan frontier...i thought maybe the summer here in sacramento would dry it out and it would start working again but no luck...driving me crazy...it does that searching thing where it stays like that my whole drive...my phone is finding the truck but the truck isn't finding my phone...does blue tooth use a fuse? maybe the fuse blew? anyone know about the electronic parts of nissan?

#21 ·
okay so i had set my coffee on dash and ran into store and my dog knocked it down...it ran past the radio on the drivers side...it was a full cup...so next thing the blue tooth isn't working no connection to listen to music or calls but radio works everything works but blue tooth...on my nissan frontier...i thought maybe the summer here in sacramento would dry it out and it would start working again but no luck...driving me crazy...it does that searching thing where it stays like that my whole drive...my phone is finding the truck but the truck isn't finding my phone...does blue tooth use a fuse? maybe the fuse blew? anyone know about the electronic parts of nissan? oh and where is the blue tooth wiring located? is it directly behind the radio? it just boggles my mind that everything else works but that doesn't

#22 ·
Having the same issue. Bluetooth was stuck on "Please wait" and the phone buttons on the steering wheel did nothing. Did you ever resolve this? I also attempted to factory reset the radio and upon successfully resetting the radio now the "bluetooth" option on my car has completely disappeared! When i went through the diagnosis in the log before factory resetting there was an error with "Circut 39" I wonder if this could be fuse related? or a connection came loose? or the bluetooth radio simply died after years of use.

#25 ·
2018 Nissan Frontier Bluetooth issue,

Alot of posts here but nothing in regards to the fact that these radios have an issue. I have tried everything posted here to no avail.

Here is what I did to prove my theory, I deleted the connection in the radio when I finally got it to go past the "Please Wait", then reset back to factory settings. Shut off my Bluetooth on the phone, deleted the connection for everything Bluetooth on the phone, cleared the cache and data in the Bluetooth application. Restarted my phone.

No connections available on radio or phone. Turned on the vehicle and head unit went into "Please Wait" and never came out on its own after 20minutes, went into factory settings, backed out with out going into any menus so the radio would reboot. Bluetooth came live. Shut off vehicle again, Restarted and back to "Please Wait".

This not a cell phone issue, it is a Nissan issue!
Next step for everyone is start complaining to Nissan dealerships. They need to fix this rather than blaming cell phones.

#26 ·
Update, finally got my local dealership to see that this issue is a radio issue not a phone issue. Had the vehicle in for service, and once again they come out and state they could not see a problem with the bluetooth, showed them with their phone attached by cycling the vehicle off and back on that their phone would not connect when in the "Please Wait", Only took longer to prove their is a problem with the system not phones 3 years and my vehicle is out of warranty with only 22000 miles, next step is direct to Nissan Warranty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.