Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Special editions often (but not always) signify that the end is near (for the vehicle generation). I find it amusing that you can get the Midnight Edition in Glacier White. And who can resist Midnight Edition floor mats?

Vic

·
Registered
495 Posts
I cracked up when they said innovation that excites at the end of video after only pointing out various paint/color changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well... it's black! Actually I like it - cool wheels.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Looks like Nissan is going head to head with the introduction of the new Ford Ranger...that may not be a good plan unless the new Frontier knocks it outa the park. 2019 model year shaping up to be an interesting one.

·
Premium Member
6,101 Posts
Will the Gen 3 lower trim model 4x2 Frontiers be starting closer to $30k like the competition? Pro4X & SL will then be in the lower to mid $40s MSRP??? If so, that'll be the time folks begin 'beotching' about not buying a Gen 2. Jeez.
:serious:

·
Registered
628 Posts
I cracked up when they said innovation that excites at the end of video after only pointing out various paint/color changes.

I had the same exact thought.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Every year that Nissan basically keeps the truck the same makes me happy because I plan to keep my 13' until it is run into the ground, and that will just mean more parts and accessory availability. They have a total stranglehold at this point on the budget truck market, and I think it would be wise to basically keep that going (that's just me). Who wants to pay 30k just to get an entry level mid-sized truck bed?

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
It reminds me of when Chevy kept there to sign for several years back in the 70s and 80s on the full size truck

Sent from my iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

·
Super Moderator
10,436 Posts
Every year that Nissan basically keeps the truck the same makes me happy because I plan to keep my 13' until it is run into the ground, and that will just mean more parts and accessory availability. They have a total stranglehold at this point on the budget truck market, and I think it would be wise to basically keep that going (that's just me). Who wants to pay 30k just to get an entry level mid-sized truck bed?
For two or three years Nissan had Rogues in both old and new body styles by badging the older one Rogue Select. They got both ends of the buyers willing and unwilling to pay more money for the same nameplate.

Clint

·
Registered
35 Posts
Going buy sales figures in South Africa alone, the Ford Ranger goes head to head with the Toyota Hilux for sales. The new Nissan Navara pales in comparison for sales. I can't see Nissan pulling off a sales coup in North America with the new Frontier as it is similar to the Navara. My next truck will in all likelihood be the Ranger.

Edit: Having read a fair number of reviews from European and Australian/South African motoring publications (print and Youtube), the new Navara whilst an improvement, still lags behind its (older) competition. There seem to be too many areas where it is out performed. The Ranger, VW Amarok and Toyota seem to be the trio to beat overall.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Special editions often (but not always) signify that the end is near (for the vehicle generation).

Vic
Not sure if I believe that for the reason they have a Titan Midnight Edition too. They just came out with that truck and still haven't introduced all the models (e.g. V6).

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Looks good

But not enough of a change to upgrade

·
Registered
652 Posts
" . . . confirming that its arrival is more than a year away . . . " Does that mean the new truck won't even be a 2019 model? I suppose if they're splitting hairs, a year and two months is more than a year. Maybe we'll find out in the spring.
Here is the press release. It says absolutely nothing about timing.

Nissan announces Canton Plant to build next-generation Nissan Frontier - Nissan Online Newsroom

"The dedicated employees here in Canton look forward to building the next generation of one of the best pickup trucks in America."

All the release says is that the employees want to build the next generation in Canton. Maybe in 2019. Maybe in 2026. Who knows?

Car & Driver is just trying to sell magazines through speculation. And 10-page WeatherTech ads.

Vic

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
When I bought my pro4 in '13, I bought it thinking it would be the last year of this bodystyle. Lol!! See, cause the 1st gen Fronts went from 97 to 04 so the 2nd gen would stop in 13 or 14. Plus we had heard "news" of the "next" Fronts coming out!! LOL ��

Here's what I bought new in 16 lol

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts