Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw the 2018's at my dealer the other day. I thought that this was the year for a total revamp. They didn't do a thing except raise the price almost $2k. Talked to the manager and he said rumor has it that 2020 will be the year of a total redesign. By that time the price will probably be out of my range. Very disappointing to say the least.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
I thought it was offering a diesel

Sent from my iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
604 Posts
jkon

Then the Tacoma is already out of your range
I would expect the 2018 Frontier will be discounted by the middle of the model year. imo, the Frontier is still the best bang for bucks in the mid size pickup category.

·
Registered
544 Posts
We already knew that all Nissan was doing was a parts bin revamp by coming out the the Midnight SV Edition with nothing more than black 18" SL wheels and some misc blacked out trim items...

While many complain that Nissan is lagging behind and missing the boat they don't seem to follow suit.

Seems to me they know their truck will sell even without spending a dime on advertising as they are still the lowest price point trucks on the market...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
That's my point...I have purchased three brand new Frontiers...the first being a 2003 and presently a 2013. Yes the value and quality is exactly why I have been purchasing the Frontier. The Tacoma's and Chevys and Fords were definitely out of my price range. The Tacomas I consider nothing but overpriced tin cans. But I can see the handwriting on the wall. Nissan will continue to raise the price a little every year and then when they do a complete redesign...then comes the big "justified" price increase. And yes at that point in time I will not pay $36k plus for a truck that used to be a great deal. Maybe I'll buy a girly Rogue or Honda CRV.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Damn nissan really stretching this model. They should be lowering the price not raising it.
Expect Nissan to milk the current Frontier until it needs a redesign to meet new Federal crash standards.

·
Registered
2017 Pro-4X w/Luxury Package
953 Posts
Try to find a 2017 on the lot, probably massive discounts going on.
X2. You never want to buy a vehicle early in it's model run anyway. Best quality is often in the last year of production of a particular generation of a vehicle.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Base pricing did not jump $2K in one year. Also, if you are paying full retail, you are being taken for a sucker. Plenty of places selling them discounted $5K or more if you shop around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts