Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had my 18 frontier desert runner cc for around 2 weeks now and absolutely love the way it looks and drives. However I’ve noticed a few rattles that I’m having a hard time track down and they are driving me nuts!
One in the passenger seat. I think it’s just the springs vibrating when driving. Not too annoying. Another somewhere in the passenger side dash, can’t seem to pinpoint this one...

·
Premium Member
7,501 Posts
Checked the upper glove compartment yet? :surprise:

Anything in the overhead sunglass holder (near map lights) will 'throw' some strange sounds around. My lil clip-on shades will make a small racket.

Check w/ your dealer while you're under warranty, fwiw.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Had something like this bugging the crap out of me when I first got there truck, one of the few times I handed the keys over :lol: I sat in the passenger seat trying to hear what was rattling and didn't hear anything, heard it when I drove again, tried again...nothing. Turned out to be the seatbelt was sitting odd when it wasn't in use. *sigh* Best bet though, I'd have a passenger try to pin it down or have someone drive...

Or warranty...as shift_RUSH mentioned...

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
^^^ says the passiveaggressor lmfao:rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
939 Posts
My 2010 has a few rattles that I live with. Could fix most with a sheet of adhesive felt and an afternoon.

Passenger seatbelt buckle bangs on the B-pillar if its resting against it

Dash has a creak/rattle near the passenger speaker.

OEM all weather mats rattle on the bottom of the door panels

The little panel where the seat belt passes through the drivers rear door is a loose fit.

Front Passenger seat back constantly jiggles, if I set it in just the right spot its quiet. I'd love to replace it with a normal seat, never use the folding feature and its not as comfortable as the drivers side.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Spent most of the ofternoon trying to track down the dash rattle. Just can’t seem to find it. It only happens when I drive on bumpy roads. Hard to replicate! I know if I take it in to the dealer they aren’t gonna be able to replicate it

·
Premium Member
7,501 Posts
I'm thinking your DR did not come w/ a cabin filter installed...but is the door still there behind the lower glovebox?
...just a thought...

·
Registered
294 Posts
I had passenger seat belt rattle too. Drove me nuts trying to find the source. Stupid thing just gets tucked into the seat crack now whenever I drive alone.

·
Registered
2017 Pro-4X w/Luxury Package
1,094 Posts
I know. Sure wished it was fixed, because it’s bugging the fire out of me! Trying to track the dash rattle down, but struggling locating it..
When I had a 2nd-Gen, I found that jamming a rolled up piece of black pipe insulation (Armaflex) in between the side of the seat and the B-pillar would help stop the shaking and rattling some.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts