Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By the looks of this Kelley Blue Book article, we're not getting a new Fronty for 2018... instead, we get a new Midnight Edition:

https://www.kbb.com/car-news/all-th...titan-midnight-editions-unveiled-/2100004571/

"Available on Frontier Crew Cab SV 4x2 and 4x4 automatic transmission models in a Magnetic Black, Gun Metallic or Glacier White exterior colors, the Frontier Midnight Edition features a gloss-black grille and 18-inch alloy wheels along with semi-gloss black step rails, body-color front/rear bumpers, black outside mirrors and door handles and black badging. Custom Midnight Edition floor mats are available as an option."

·
Registered
567 Posts
All rumors , read somewhere that the Frontier redesign may make it out in the 2019 model year. That is about the same time Ford may come out with the new Ranger.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Didn't you know Andy, people want the new stuff but still want it to be cheap

I want every bell and whistle; diesel, projector headlights, front and rear factory lockers, factory portals with front and rear Dana 60s 12 speaker sound system, free navigation for life, turning radius of a Prius and matching fuel economy but I still want at least 500lb/ft at the wheels. And I want to cost $8k less than a new Pro4X with every option. Oh, and I want that special edition TRD FDE colour, with a colour matched interior. :roll:

·
Premium Member
6,203 Posts
Best part is when people complain about not getting an all-new Frontier every year for the past 3 years like their life depended on it.

These types remind me of all those people who read a bunch of unconfirmed rumors and speculation on the Internet about the next iPhone... then when the actual iPhone actually officially is announced (by Apple, not some Internet blog) and it's not what they were "expecting", they get mad.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Best part is when people complain about not getting an all-new Frontier every year for the past 3 years like their life depended on it.

These types remind me of all those people who read a bunch of unconfirmed rumors and speculation on the Internet about the next iPhone... then when the actual iPhone actually officially is announced (by Apple, not some Internet blog) and it's not what they were "expecting", they get mad.

It's almost like these people forget/are unaware that R&D, retooling, marketing a new model is an expensive endeavour and companies exist to make a profit, not cater to the whims of keyboard warriors. The Frontier is still selling enough volume that the people who get paid a lot of money to assess profit and loss margins on a new model decided against one. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

That said, I'd be very happy with a Gen 2.5 truck. Keep the same platform, give us some modern touches and a diesel option. But I wouldn't be getting into one for a few years any way. Buying a first model year of a new vehicle is basically like saying you're okay with paying $30,000 to be a guinea pig.

·
Registered
133 Posts
So if I blacked out my emblems and took off my decals, I'd pretty much have this, minus the leather (which I don't care for anyway).. Eh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
355 Posts
So if I blacked out my emblems and took off my decals, I'd pretty much have this, minus the leather (which I don't care for anyway).. Eh.

But the midnight edition is SV only according to that article, so you still have all the P4X goodies lol

·
Registered
133 Posts
I just need to "murder" it out more. Lmao

·
Premium Member
6,203 Posts

But you'd need a matching murdered out big wheel and helmet

·
Registered
133 Posts
But you'd need a matching murdered out big wheel and helmet
No helmet. I'm defiant.

Oh wait. Spaceballs reference. Got it. I feel like a zombie today... Don't mind me.

Reactions: Yz250fridin

·
Premium Member
6,203 Posts
No helmet. I'm defiant.

Oh wait. Spaceballs reference. Got it. I feel like a zombie today... Don't mind me.

negatron... reference was to the Midnight Edition commercials with the mom in her Rogue and the kid big wheelin' on the sidewalk next to her.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts