Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’m thinking about picking up a 2-4K mile used 2017 over a new 2018. I’ve found a couple that save me basically 5k.

Can someone tell me what, if any, differences between the 17 and 18 models are? Specifically the pro 4x version

Thanks.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks fastfed.

I did add specifically on the pro 4x model. I found where some things where options now come standard (screen, ac, Siri eyes free) but those should have been on the pro 4x anyway

·
Registered
994 Posts
yep, just got mine about 2 months ago now. 2017, 2018 was the same thing but they didn't have any in the trim I wanted

·
Registered
544 Posts
Well, one has a 7 at the end of it, the other an 8. Big difference there. No difference on the mechanics. :laugh:
Well you know its pretty darn easy to change that 7 to an 8 with a scribe or metal punch...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks fastfed.

I did add specifically on the pro 4x model. I found where some things where options now come standard (screen, ac, Siri eyes free) but those should have been on the pro 4x anyway
Is there anything in particular that you need in terms of electronics? The major changes by year for the Pro4x are:
2013: Back-up camera
2014: bluetooth audio & heated seats

Unless you really want stuff like Siri you should keep an eye out for anything above a 2013/14. The backup camera is the non-negotiable for me, which is why I have a 2013. It at least has a USB port which is miles above the AUX jack in terms of sound quality. I can live with having to plug my phone in. FYI I got my 2013 for $20,800. Yes, it had 75,000 miles but it had a solid maintenance record and warranty. It was also in showroom condition with brand new Yokohama Geolanders. Keep your eyes peeled and you could shave off $10,000 instead of $5,000 depending on the features that you really want.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do really want Siri and usb input. What year was Siri added? Plus, I would prefer it to be very low miles, nearly new, under warranty.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Plus, I would prefer it to be very low miles, nearly new, under warranty.
That's why I bought my 2016. It's a Nissan Certified Pre-Owned, which comes with a better warranty than new.

New trucks get 3 year basic and 60,000 mile powertrain; CPO'd gets the remainder of the 3 year basic (from date of first sale) and 100,000 mile powertrain.

Since my truck was first sold in November 2016, that left me with 2 years of the basic warranty (I purchased in November 2017).

A 2018 with the options I have (SV Crew Cab 4X4 value truck package) is near $32000 MSRP.

Got mine for $24,000

1 - 10 of 10 Posts