Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have to sale I love my Nissan Trucks. This is my second Nissan. My first was a 2003 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 that I have had for 16 years as a second owner.

Almost 2 years ago I bought my 2017 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X, first thing I did was add:
  • A new Kenwood Deck with Car Play and Nav.
  • 2.6 Lift
  • New tool box
  • CB / Scanner / Ham-radio Gear
  • Box extender
  • Ladder Rack
  • Ladder Rack hitch extender
  • Massive Audio Sub 12" and Amp

Now two years later I am looking for more ideas as to build out this truck. I am also building a 4x4ing Overland Club and company for people like us that enjoy 4x4ing in the back country of MB Canada.

I'd love to hear all of your ideas on building our new show truck for Overlanding.

David Horton.
- 2017 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X

IMG_8773.JPG

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello All,

I have to sale I love my Nissan Trucks. This is my second Nissan. My first was a 2003 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 that I have had for 16 years as a second owner.

Almost 2 years ago I bought my 2017 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X, first thing I did was add:
  • A new Kenwood Deck with Car Play and Nav.
  • 2.6 Lift
  • New tool box
  • CB / Scanner / Ham-radio Gear
  • Box extender
  • Ladder Rack
  • Ladder Rack hitch extender
  • Massive Audio Sub 12" and Amp

Now two years later I am looking for more ideas as to build out this truck. I am also building a 4x4ing Overland Club and company for people like us that enjoy 4x4ing in the back country of MB Canada.

I'd love to hear all of your ideas on building our new show truck for Overlanding.

David Horton.
- 2017 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X

View attachment 328116

·
Registered
24 Posts
That's awesome, you owned a Pathfinder for so long and know exactly what you wanted when the time as right, and you stayed loyal. That speaks volumes! Personally I'd be interested in doing and seeing

• Suspension lift 2-3 inches
  • Larger tires
  • Purposeful front bumper
  • High clearance rear bumper
  • Full rock sliders/under armor kit
  • Clean lighting setup
  • Roof top tent trailer completely rigged out
  • Tinted front windows :)
Subscribed and looking forward to it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello David,

If you're looking for a bit more off-road capabilities, I'm really pleased with how the 6" lift and performance strut/shock package from Rough Country turned out. This was my winter holiday break garage project on a 2019 SV 4x4 Crew Cab.

Even with the 6" lift, I did end up having to shave a slight bit of metal off the back of the front fenders, and trim & heat gun treat the wheel well liners slightly. This was partly due to wanting to ride 33x12.5R18 tires (Nitto Ridge Grapplers), though.

Let me know if you have any questions. I honestly couldn't be happier with how everything rides. Totally different truck now.

Take care!

- Conrad Dieken

PXL_20210108_164839982.jpg

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello David,

If you're looking for a bit more off-road capabilities, I'm really pleased with how the 6" lift and performance strut/shock package from Rough Country turned out. This was my winter holiday break garage project on a 2019 SV 4x4 Crew Cab.

Even with the 6" lift, I did end up having to shave a slight bit of metal off the back of the front fenders, and trim & heat gun treat the wheel well liners slightly. This was partly due to wanting to ride 33x12.5R18 tires (Nitto Ridge Grapplers), though.

Let me know if you have any questions. I honestly couldn't be happier with how everything rides. Totally different truck now.

Take care!

- Conrad Dieken

View attachment 328117
Looks great! Completely beast-lke. Is that a Canada plate? Both of you don't have tint, are they really strict up there? They supposedly are here in California but I've only received Fix-It tickets for tint when combined with a speeding/moving violation. Never just because tint.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks great! Completely beast-lke. Is that a Canada plate? Both of you don't have tint, are they really strict up there? They supposedly are here in California but I've only received Fix-It tickets for tint when combined with a speeding/moving violation. Never just because tint.
Minnesota plate and they are terrible about tint laws here, especially with vehicles that draw attention. The pic was before I got the legal 50%, which was really a waste. Barely even looks like tint. When I lived in Florida, they didn't care how dark you went. I had 15% all around and also the whole windshield at 35%. If I ever move out of Minnesota, I'll for sure be going darker.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Minnesota plate and they are terrible about tint laws here, especially with vehicles that draw attention. The pic was before I got the legal 50%, which was really a waste. Barely even looks like tint. When I lived in Florida, they didn't care how dark you went. I had 15% all around and also the whole windshield at 35%. If I ever move out of Minnesota, I'll for sure be going darker.
Crazy... I would think in minnesota they didn't give a f. Well, there's always clear nano ceramic tint at least for UV & heat rejection. Doesn't change the rig one bit, still looks great.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's awesome, you owned a Pathfinder for so long and know exactly what you wanted when the time as right, and you stayed loyal. That speaks volumes! Personally I'd be interested in doing and seeing

• Suspension lift 2-3 inches
  • Larger tires
  • Purposeful front bumper
  • High clearance rear bumper
  • Full rock sliders/under armor kit
  • Clean lighting setup
  • Roof top tent trailer completely rigged out
  • Tinted front windows :)
Subscribed and looking forward to it!
Yes, I loved the pathfinder, I have so many great memories with that truck/suv. Now it's time to make new memories with the Nissan Frontier. I don't know how it is with you, but people ask me why Nissan..... well if you look after the things you love they just work. I have a pile of new toys for my truck when it gets out of the repair shop.... :)

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello 4XVentures

You're truck looks great!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello 4XVentures

You're truck looks great!
Thanks man! Regarding the max lift, they aren't wrong it defnitely will raise the center of gravity. Personally I'd say just figure out what size tires you want to run and get a lift specific to that. Personally I'm looking for a 33 inch tire so probably going to run 2.5in lift eventually. With what I do and want to do that should be plenty. I wont be bouncing off rocks any time soon I just want the abiity to get to whatever campground or yellow post I please. If you're going purely for looks and not function then F it, go big.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks man! Regarding the max lift, they aren't wrong it defnitely will raise the center of gravity. Personally I'd say just figure out what size tires you want to run and get a lift specific to that. Personally I'm looking for a 33 inch tire so probably going to run 2.5in lift eventually. With what I do and want to do that should be plenty. I wont be bouncing off rocks any time soon I just want the abiity to get to whatever campground or yellow post I please. If you're going purely for looks and not function then F it, go big.
Hey

I have 16" with 33's and I added the 2.5in lift already, but with the next upgrade I am thinking a full suspension upgrade and 4" lift, to help with the weight of the added tent, and canopy.... Plus other toys.... My Snorkel comes in today also. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey

I have 16" with 33's and I added the 2.5in lift already, but with the next upgrade I am thinking a full suspension upgrade and 4" lift, to help with the weight of the added tent, and canopy.... Plus other toys.... My Snorkel comes in today also. :)
This got me thinking... I disconnected my sway bar last night and took her for a rip up a local trial. It made such a nice difference but I wonder how it would feel with the RTT and all the added weight. Have you disconnected yours yet or have any plans to?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts