Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone replace their stick radio in a 2017 SV, I’m having a hard time finding the right dash kit for my truck, had 2 that were supposed to fit and didn’t, if you have the part number or link if appreciate it, thanks !

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ok thanks, seems like the metra didn’t get very good reviews wondered if there is a better alternative
After 10 years I decided it's time for android auto and backup camera in my 2010 LE and ordered a new HU, metra trim and few other modules from Crutchfield few weeks ago.

I got to installing it this morning and pretty much stopped at "opening the metra trim kit package". Ugh, what a piece of garbage that is... I really do not want the interior of my truck to turn into 2002 Chinese-made-toy quality. The material feels like it has too much fiberglass in it, there is no texture in it, the "bazel" around the HU is loose and doesn't fit well. And it suppose to be one of the better kits (out of 3 that I could find).

I'm actually surprise that Crutchfield is selling something like this at all, because I'm debating now between returning the whole order and cutting out the factory trim.

I wish there were higher quality options available instead of what we're offered.

I'm probably going to end up cutting out the OEM trim.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts