Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know little about off-roading and my apologies if this post duplicates another, but I happened to catch this ad for the 2017 Chevy Colorado ZR2. Looks pretty capable and is available with a diesel.

·
Registered
609 Posts
LOL with the ZR2 starting at over 40k+ = not so much but that's just me

·
Registered
78 Posts
I work at a Chevy dealership and get to drive the Colorados quite frequently. I find the diesels lack any real power when it comes to accelerating and getting to speed. If you tow I'm sure it's a different story. The gas engines seem alright but there a bulky truck for a midsize.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Biggest issue with these trucks, and all new Chevy's in general, is those awful squared wheel wells. You're gonna have to jack this thing up to the moon to get any decent tire size in there without hacking out your wheel wells and I know if I dropped $40k on a new pick up I would not want to take a sawzall to anything.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Looks okay, has good clearance and lots of features on paper. Get back with me in 5 years and let me know if anything on them still works.

·
Registered
495 Posts
At the price they want I can buy a Pro4X add 10k in mods and still come out ahead. That's just too much for a mid-size truck.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Also I was under my buddy's 2014 Silverado this weekend changing taillight harnesses out. Design is terrible. No cover to keep debris out of taillight receptical. Totally open underneath. Not to mention all the other issues he has had at 40k miles

·
Registered
125 Posts
I owned Chevy trucks for many years, but it was all down hill after the mid 90's. Had a 96 S10 4x4 that was the best vehicle I owned till my Frontier. Traded it on a 99 Silverado that was nothing but problems. Traded that on a Colorado that had a few good years till pretty much everything electrical started going out.

On top of that I worked for a place that made parts for GM and it really opened my eyes to how they do business. Low road every time. They can draw up a decent truck and give it lots of neat gimmicks, but I have not faith in their quality or hope that one of their vehicles will last.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The ZR2 has "Multimatic Dynamic Suspensions Spool Valve" shocks. Doing any modifications to the suspension is going to be really difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
355 Posts
Biggest issue with these trucks, and all new Chevy's in general, is those awful squared wheel wells. You're gonna have to jack this thing up to the moon to get any decent tire size in there without hacking out your wheel wells and I know if I dropped $40k on a new pick up I would not want to take a sawzall to anything.
That is exactly the reason I didn't look at the Colorado...

·
Premium Member
5,748 Posts
How is this different to any of the current offerings? The frontier is a prime example with it's snug and round wheel openings. It's a function of trying to sneak that last MPG out of a vehicle.

·
Registered
495 Posts
How is this different to any of the current offerings? The frontier is a prime example with it's snug and round wheel openings. It's a function of trying to sneak that last MPG out of a vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts