Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed alot of dealerships offering a 2017.5 frontier. Now I have seen nissan do this a few times over the years. Usually they call it a xxxx.5 when something on the vehicle was changed. Anyone have any info on this? They seem to be exactly the same as the 2017's to me.

·
Premium Member
5,760 Posts
Are 2018's of any make/model hitting lots yet? probably just leftover 17's because 18's are starting to roll in the door.

I remember after they quit making Ford rangers, I would see commercials where they were still offering "new ford Rangers!!!" well in to the next model year but nowhere were they listing the model year. I do remember how many of them were still sitting at the St Paul factory for many months after production actually stopped.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My speculation of the "2017.5" is that current model production will go past the normal model year change over in the fall and to differentiate something actually built in the 2018 calendar year.

Basically if they are coming out with something new all together, they want model year differentiation.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
The change is the .5 other than that it is a 2017 probably

Sent from my iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
305 Posts
When I bought my '16 in November of 2016, the winder sticker included a "standard feature" of "mid-year change." To this day I can't find anyone or anything that tells me what the mid-year change was. But, it sounds a lot like what they're doing with the '17s now.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
It's a sales tactic - The dealer can claim that it's a "newer design", which makes it more desirable than the "older design".

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
It's a sales tactic - The dealer can claim that it's a "newer design", which makes it more desirable than the "older design".
If that is true, Nissan should be charged with false advertisement.
My Dodge is a 2004.5. The 2004 could only be bought with the lower h.p.version in California.
The 2004.5 came with more h.p.(325 versus 315)and more torque(600) and could be bought in California.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
no those wheels look just like mine

·
Registered
36 Posts
I believe there are subtle changes you might not even notice. I found out that my '06 was a .5 model when I had a new windshield installed. The mobile glass company came out and discovered after they had taken the old WS out, the new one was too small. After running the VIN, they discovered it was a "later" model '06 and had to run back and get the correct glass.

I was glad it wasn't raining that day. :)

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Lol, other than the windshield did you find out any differences

Sent from my iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 12 of 12 Posts