Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the kit on and working for 3 years. Now all of a sudden no power. I have verified the 10 amp fuse is fine( hard to access) so.... what am I missing? Brown relay Maybe?

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
If you installed the towing package wiring kit, it uses several relays - so one bad relay probably wouldn't disable both turn signals, the clearance lights, the backup light, electric brake connection and battery charge line.

A more likely culprit would be an open ground. Try measuring for power at the 7-pin rear hitch connector, but use a direct connection to chassis ground for your negative connection, rather than the ground pin on the 7-pin connector. If you measure good power that way (but don't when you use the ground pin on the connector), you know you've got an open ground wire.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
AFAIK, Nissan doesn't offer a towing package with a 4-pin connector for the Frontier.

Are you using some sort of 7-pin-to-4-pin adapter?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Grounded ground wire to frame, all pins no power. Are there fuses I dont know about?
AFAIK, Nissan doesn't offer a towing package with a 4-pin connector for the Frontier.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
There are a pair of connectors (located between the rear spring hanger and back bumper) that mate with the harness that goes to the hitch connector - You might check to see that they're still mated completely.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
My Factory Service Manual shows fuses "60" (15 amps) and "37" (10 amps) for towing.

Fuse "60" receives its power directly from the battery, and "37" receives its power from the Tail Lamp Relay.

(There is also a 30 amp Fuse "m" that receives its power directly from the battery, but that would be the battery charge line that isn't present on 4-pin hitch connectors).

·
Registered
75 Posts

Skibane...FYI...Nissan DOES offer a 4-pin tow package connector for the Frontier..... Part #999T8-BR004

Looking at the picture on the webpage though, I don't see a fuse holder anywhere within the photographed wiring harnesses.

JTS...only thing I can suggest is double check both fuse boxes underneath the hood in the engine bay on the passenger side along with checking the fuse panel inside the passenger side glove box.

Hope this helps....

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Nissan oem tow package on my 2017 4 banger came with round 7 pin mounted on brk't and a 4 pin flat hanging behind 7 pin mounting bracket.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts