Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,

does anyone have any experience with getting the OEM (or eBay knock-off) roof rack installed on a later than 2014 SV

no one seems to offer the roof rack for a later than '14 model...my perplexed dealer stated that there is no difference between a '14 and '16

cheers

Pz

·
Premium Member
5,877 Posts
No difference, you need the same roof rack as the 2014s (OEM or aftermarket) and the 4 OEM ceiling brackets (if you don't want to use the riv-nuts you get with the aftermarket racks)

·
Registered
896 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I have the 16 pro4x with the rack and if you go with that one the Inno ski rack works GREAT! ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
219 Posts
So, bit of a delay in posting. I was busy with a few things, but wanted to follow up for you guys. Im attaching a photo of the complete instructions that were included in the package... How many times was that photocopied over? The hardware seems sturdy enough, and tbh since its 90% for the look anyway, I'm not worried. The only things i plan to secure to it would be a kayak, but that will be in conjunction with something I'm gonna rig to the bed on the utili-track. From looking at all the parts, and from other customer reviews, I can tell it comes with the hardware to mount using either the mounting plates that go under the roof behind the headliner, and it also comes with rivinuts.

I'm still debating which i should use. Does anyone have any opinion on how much better using the mounting plates would be vs the rivinuts?

Another thing, is i already decided that i would paint the bars black. I like how they look in that color. Will post photos of them mocked up later for you guys to see.

Attachments

·
Registered
495 Posts
I'm considering after market basket. Looking forward to seeing your finished product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
I actually really like the look but i don't want to drill holes in my roof, mostly I don't want to remove the headliner ~ lazy

Sent from my iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
5,877 Posts
I actually really like the look but i don't want to drill holes in my roof, mostly I don't want to remove the headliner ~ lazy
I remember seeing a thread where someone installed with helicopter-grade double sided tape or something, no drilling. Said it held on even at highway speed I think.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Looks just like mine, but you have a roof rack

Sent from my iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 15 of 15 Posts