Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I was trying to locate an always hot fuse to hook something up, and while pulling fuses one by one, the heater fans stopped working. I was doing this while the engine was running.

I then put the fuse back and the heater would no longer work. Turned engine off, removed keys, started the engine again, but the heating system will no longer work, all the buttons on the heater, the fans, LCD display for the heater all dark, no power to them anymore. I checked the fuse and it looks good. For some reason, my truck fuse cover inside the cab does not have the sticker on the inside showing what fuse is for what, kind of strange.

I checked under the hood it lists 2 fuses as FR BLWR maybe for the blower motor fuses, and they also look good.

See the image attached, it is dark out so the picture is not very good. The fuse in the cab that I pulled when the heater was working is the one with the red arrow pointing at it.

What else can I check?

Can someone with the 2016 model Pro-4x take a picture of the fuse cover to show what each fuse is for? I googled and can't find one for the 2016 model.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You removed and installed the fuse under load? Have you tried a new one? or one from another spot?
First thing I would do...good luck, I also tried searching for a fuse panel diagram...no luck either.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, you were right, last night when I took the fuse out, and the hear stoped, I then put it back in the wrong slot. Today in the daylight I could see better and moved it one up and everything works.

But why isn't there a guide on what fuse goes where and for what, my fuse cover has nothing on it, see the image, is this normal? Also in the manual, there is nothing mentioned, what was Nissan thinking when they built this truck?

If someone has the sticker on their cover for the 2016 version it would be greatly appreciate if they could take a picture and share here with us.

Attachments

·
Registered
795 Posts
I got a 16 P4x and will snap a pic later tonight!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got a 16 P4x and will snap a pic later tonight!
Thank you Rob. looking forward to it.

I've contacted Nissa USA directly today, but they are passing the buck, asking me to contact the dealers in my area, I contacted the dealers and they are passing me around from Sales to maintenance but none of them want to help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts