Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought it a month ago, here in texas, seeing if i can upgrade it and an issue i think it has, It seems to have a knock, or tapping sound under acceleration from a start 800 miles so far, dealer said he didn't hear anything. Like an old engine might sound like, I'm very worried just thinking what to do? Another thing was it has that one piece white and plastic front bumper was wondering if i can replace it with the factory chrome bumper easily, they look so nice Thanks

Robert

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome to the club! (says the guy who joined yesterday...) My 2016 currently has 11,500 on it and I bought it with 7,500. I don't notice any obvious knocks, taps, or otherwise that sound abnormal. I'd check the oil level first, if you haven't already. If you were able, try to test drive another truck and see if it sounds the same. All of my other vehicles are at least 8 years old and over 100,000 miles so, my truck sounds quiet as a mouse to me. It could just be that you're not used to the sounds it makes.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Welcome to the club! Who's that guy that found something to do with the fuel lines and the shield around them, and some issue with the screws? He had a weird tapping that he thought was from the center console area. Maybe someone that subscribed to that thread can chime in.

I'll look for it.

Start at post #27, he goes into detail about it after that. Good luck

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/...ise-help-new-frontier-4-0l-253010/index3.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
New member in Connecticut, 2016 new frontier king cab pickup, got it at the end of August. Love the truck but I also have a mild knocking sound at idle since day one. It does sound sort of like a bearing knock in an older motor but quieter and when you rev it, it speeds up but doesn't get any louder. It sounds like a mechanical fuel injection pump or something "normal". The other issue is that I haven't used the 4 wheel drive except during the test drive to make sure it worked. We had snow last week so I decided to use it just to break it in. Shifted easily into 4 high at a roll but when I shifted back to 2wd, the indicator just flashed for about 20 seconds before it stopped. I've tried it a few times since then. Always shifts into 4 high easily, but may or may shift back instantly. I don't know if its really the transfer case or an indication issue. It's going in for its first service in December so I'll put these on the ticket but am wary about the dealer assuring me that its all okay.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm that guy that did the write up on the fuel lines transmitting noise .still no noise after the simple mod.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just bought my 2016 DR on election day and there's no knock in mine. Does it sound like an engine that needs a little oil knock or something different.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you for the comments. It does sound like a mild knock; more than a tick, like lifter noise. Oil level is good. I did read the article on the fuel lines. I've been fooled before by transmitted noise so it's does make sense. I wish I had decided to investigate when the days were warmer and longer. On the 2wd/4wd indicator, has anyone else experienced the indicator flashing anywhere from 0 to +20 seconds after shifting from 4h to 2wd? Thanks, Rich

1 - 7 of 7 Posts