Nissan Frontier Forum banner

2016 head unit install with idatalink maestro.

10K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  shift_RUSH 
#1 ·
I am not going to include pics because I have insanely messy wiring. I have installed many radios in the past but never integrated oem features. This guide http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/...atures-cam-usb-port-satellite-antenna-169905/ deserves almost all of the credit but I would like to lay out a few steps I have taken.

First, the maestros instructions are okay but leave a bit to be desired. I have the display only Bluetooth radio. For this unit follow the Bluetooth and nav instructions as the is no Bluetooth unit under the seat. It's all part of the head unit.

The only thing I really did different was wire the rear camera from the oem wiring to a Rca video cable and hooked the reverse signal wire from the aftermarket unit to the reverse signal input and output on the oem wiring harness. (Downside to this is the camera comes on only in reverse as it should but not when trying to adjust the parking guide lines. )
I also ran 2 additional wires to the obdii wiring to add gauges to the unit through the maestro.

I used a mini female to type a usb adaptor to retain the stock usb.

On to the issues I face.
As mentioned above, the camera has no power unless in reverse. Factory unit could power it while not in reverse if the diagnostics where turned on.

No oem mic yet.

I am having 2 issues with the maestro.
It won't connect while my bully dog is connected and the gauges do not seem to display proper information. This could be an issue with the maestro or my pioneer 4200nex. I will contact support to find out why.

I hope someone finds this useful.
One last thing. Do any of you have any creative phone mount setups? I do not want to use my windshield or dash if possible. I was thinking maybe just to the left of the shifter somehow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
I have the Pioneer 4200NEX as well. Love the radio, but I'm having issues with it when listening to XM. Pioneer is going to swap it out for me.

#3 ·
I installed my Kenwood HU yesterday and spent a good time looking for the bluetooth module under the passenger seat but couldn't find one. Might be possible 2016 is the year when they got rid of the module under the passenger seat?

BTW, any chance you got a pic of where you tap the wires on your OBD II port? The instructions for the Maestro RR is horrendous and did not state which pin number for the two wires from the Maestro. All it tells me are the brown/red and brown/yellow to connect to pin 6 and pin 14 on the OBD II connector. Looking at the Maestro's harness there are a couple of wires that look similar.

#4 ·
I'm thinking of getting the Kenwood 9905S for my 2015 Frontier. Looks like the Maestro RR is the model to get but do you know if the head unit will be able to see car info like tire pressure? Also wanted to make sure the steering wheel controls all worked for you. Thanks

#5 ·
No, Frontier OBD data does not include individual tire pressure(s).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.